Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

His & Hers

HuskerMaMa
HuskerMaMa Posts: 55
edited June 2014 in Weight Loss Forum
His:
4oz Stir fry steak 190 cals
1/2 fresh jalapeño 2 cals
2 slices vine tomatoes 8 cals
1/2 sm sweet onion sautéed 44 cals
2 tablespoons light sour cream 40 cals
1/4 cup Mexican cheese 110 cals
3 small tortillas 243 cals
1/2 avocado 130 cals

Total = 767 cals

Hers:

Total = 292 cals

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Welcome aboard babe! :x Your status was approved I see. :)). Now you can too enjoy all that the Eggheads offer. Enjoy :)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    @NPHuskerFL‌, (assuming this is your better half's poat) I hope she keeps you in line since she's spying now.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Just so you are aware, it is quite obvious that you are his better half, despite never posting here.

Welcome!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  There may be a change to some of @NPHuskerFL's post content now that he is monitored...time will tell :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Welcome! Yep - much needed member to keep @NPHuskerFL in check.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• HuskerMaMaNPHuskerFL will be getting flagged more often ;))

XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

• mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Nice to have you aboard!
    From the looks of those plates... A single pork shoulder is gonna last a month or so!
    I know I need to get back to portion sizes like those... But it only gets harder with BBQ off the egg.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited June 2014
    Oh, this is going to be good.

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• tkleager
    tkleager Posts: 539
    edited June 2014
    Wonder what happens at home when a husband "Trolls" his wife, or visa versa?
    No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen
  • HuskerMaMa
    @mcmac‌ I don't eat pork. But, I know the last Boston Butt my hubby did was I think an 8 or 9 pounder and it was all gone the same day. We had some company from GA. He loves his BGE that's for sure. And we enjoy eating the food but, for me I've decided to change my lifestyle of diet and exercise. I'm not on a diet because like my husband said diets tend to fail because most people use them on a temporary basis. I'm on day 81 of my new Lifestyle and feel great. I have a long journey ahead but, I have a lot of support and that helps. I exercise daily and eat right. I use a couple of Apps that help me track my progress "Runkeeper" tracks my exercise & "My Fitness Pal" tracks my diet and the 2 link so my exercise will show live calorie intake/calorie burn. Go figure there's an app for that :-).
  • HuskerMaMa
    @yzzi @lousubcap‌ @damnedhooligan‌ @saluki2007‌ Lol not sure about keeping him in check. We both have similar humor. But, he doesn't have a filter. I was in the Navy for many years and working with Sailors you can't have thin skin. Basically I'm not offended by to much. But, a couple of his posts that he has told me about I just shook my head. He's goofy like that. I'll try to keep him in check. I can't promise anything. He enjoys the forum and quite obviously is on here a good bit. Well again thank you everybody and I'll try to post some updates and future cooking.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @Husker‌MaMa
    Welcome aboard ma'am. Glad to have you here as well as your husband. I wish you the best of luck with the change of life style and good eating habits. Again welcome!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    @HuskerMaMa. This is an Equal Opportunity forum :-) . Welcome. We look forward to your contributions :)

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Welcome! I'm sure keeping @NPHuskerFL in line is more than a full time job that shouldn't even be attempted. :))

And congrats on the lifestyle changes. Its not easy for sure, but worth it. Thankfully the egg can work along with you, and there are no calories in smoke flavor and most spices/seasonings (just watch the sugars).
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Welcome HuskerMaMa!  I'm excited we have you on here, finally, and to see where all this insanity goes.....

Are we going to have two Huskers posting shirtless selfies with pony tails Donnie-Darko rabbit-style and metal videos, or is that going to stop altogether?!  

I'm just messin' with ya.  We love yer hubby.  A big welcome from this crazy nut. :D
    Welcome aboard babe! 
    Ditto. Though I'm guessing it would be inappropriate for the rest of us to refer to you as "babe". Then again, you are married to Blake so...............

:))

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• NPHuskerFL
    Tame the NPHuskerFL? shirley you jest. >:)
    Whispering okay okay maybe @HuskerMaMa‌ can. ;-)
    I would've tagged each of you but, to many of you apparently think I need broke like a wild horse :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    @nolaegghead‌ that pic was actually taken by @HuskerMaMa‌ lol. Gee and here I thought it made it to your screensaver =))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    @HuskerMaMa

Thats great! I too, strongly believe that your diet is simply what you eat, and the more we focus on quality foods that better off our bodies are. I prefer whole foods and eating healthy... however, I must admit that my biggest downfall is in the form of beverages.
    I would say that over the past 10 years or so I have really changed my focus on what I put into my body, and have to admit that more often than not I feel much better physically and mentally.

XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Welcome to the zoo @HuskerMaMa‌!

Nice looking (and inspiring) plates. A great reminder that egging can be healthy :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • NPHuskerFL
    @caliking‌ HuskerMaMa is fast asleep (gets up at 4-430 to go the gym at her office) so I can speak here ;-)

We (I) make a LOT of chicken and fish. Of course I love my beef, pork, brats, sausage, pizza etc etc. She has simply found a way to utilize the proteins to make healthy dishes. I have also been experimenting more & more with fresh veggies on the egg. The veggies add a lil something extra I think. But, truthfully fish is one of our favs. And egging can definitely be healthy.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • nolaegghead
    @nolaegghead‌ that pic was actually taken by @HuskerMaMa‌ lol. Gee and here I thought it made it to your screensaver =))
    Are you spying on me?!  It is my screensaver. 
    @nolaegghead‌ that's hot :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • nolaegghead
    Paris Hilton thumbs up - that's hot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd9VwVPEhnQ