Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Are You Going To An Eggfest? Which One?

Options

We've been very busy this spring/summer, but things are winding down and Wilma was asking me if I wanted to go anywhere for a weekend.  She mentioned maybe an eggfest because we don't have one around here.  I wanted to go to Toronto earlier this month, but that wasn't in the cards.  Then I thought I would ask who was going to an eggfest and which one that would be.

Flint, Michigan

Comments

• Bustersdad
    Bustersdad Posts: 311
    Options
    Went to Toronto, will likely go to the Niagra fest.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Went to Toronto, will likely go to the Niagra fest.
    Did you pick up any bags of Maple Leaf?  If we go to Niagara I'm stuffing the car with it.  Great lump!
    Flint, Michigan
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Missed seeing in TO Freddie! Niagara is on Aug. 17th; a Sunday. That probably wouldn't work for you unless you took the Monday off.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options

We are going to this fest http://porkopoliseggfest.com/?greeneggers=1

Went last year and had a great time.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I will be cooking at the Eggtober Fest in Atlanta, October 11th.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • marysvilleegger
    Options
    I can't wait to hit porkopolis in a couple weeks. Just north of cinci.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Salado Salado Salado. It's not until March. Perhaps Eggtoberfest?
  • Grader07
    Grader07 Posts: 264
    Options
    At eggs by the chesapeake today in edgewater Md
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I'll be at Porkopolis again this year as well.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Egghead_Daron
    Options
    Me as well for Porkopolis!
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • nealcr1
    nealcr1 Posts: 198
    Options
    Eggtoberfest and I won't miss another GA Mountain Eggfest. It was awesome.
    Mini Max, Medium BGE, Large BGE, Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman, Digi Q II, Woo 2, AR with Oval setup
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Salado, Athens, Texas (Austin/Driftwood) and Georgia Mountain. Possibly Eggtoberfest.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    Cooking at the PA eggfest in Hatfield PA Sept. 6th.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    I'm thinking about going to the Colorado Eggfest. Has anybody ever been to the one in Colorado? Is it worth a 7 hour drive?.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Salado...looking forward to next year already. Hopefully little Peterhead won't show up.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Options
    I am missing my (multiple decade) High School reunion to attend Eggtoberfest.  I do not keep in touch with any of those folks and y'all are so much more fun!!
    Milton, GA.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    flynnbob said:
    I am missing my (multiple decade) High School reunion to attend Eggtoberfest.  I do not keep in touch with any of those folks and y'all are so much more fun!!
    There's a great line about that on Duck Dynasty.  "If I haven't contacted you in 20 years, there's probably a reason."
    Flint, Michigan
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    henapple said:

Salado...looking forward to next year already. Hopefully little Peterhead won't show up.

He's gonna kick your ass! I'll bring the stool.
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    I want to go to Cinci Porkopolis. I am not trying to cook.......just eat, learn, and meet !!!!! What is the best way to find you folks from the forum who are going ??? I am egging in August at Ribberfest in Madison, IN. And in Corbin, KY at MoonBow Eggfest. 2014 Porkopolis will be my first visit to an Eggfest !!!!!!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    I went to the Georgia Mountain Eggfest in Hiawassee in May. 

I am teaming up with BBQ Pitmaster, Meat Church BBQ, for an epic cook at this years EGGtoberfest. 
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    I will be at cook bay 18 at  Cincinnati Porkopolis Eggfest. I will not be able to attend the party the night before but look forward to meeting many of you there.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    I'm hoping to get to Plano and Salado and maybe Texas fests over the next 10 months.  Will depend on my son's schedule and desires.  It is his senior year of high school so I'm going to try to fit in as much father-son time as he can stand, but he'll have multiple irons in the fire with guitar, robotics team, honor society volunteer work, etc.  Unfortunately for him, we won't have the fall weekends tied up with soccer as he just had his ACL fixed last week...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• CorbinEgg
    CorbinEgg Posts: 29
    Options
    Cooked at North GA Eggfest and Bluegrass Eggfest in Frankfort KY. Planning to attend Porkopolis. We are having the Moonbow Eggfest in Corbin KY on September 20th. I hope all can join us. Www.moonboweggfest.com
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Foghorn - I hope your son mends quickly and completely.
    Wilma is kinda leaning toward Niagara and taking the family to the falls. This is all predicated on getting time off work...yada, yada, yada.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Bustersdad
    Bustersdad Posts: 311
    Options

@Fred19Flintstone - Hope to see you at Niagra...as of now we think we are going

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options

I got into eggin 1 year too late. the closest one for me is in Fargo ND and that has been cancelled the last 2 years.

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Foghorn - I hope your son mends quickly and completely. Wilma is kinda leaning toward Niagara and taking the family to the falls. This is all predicated on getting time off work...yada, yada, yada.
    If you've never been to the Falls then it would be worth the trip
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    We were there years ago with my daughter's Girl Scout troop. Our youngest has never seen them and we think it might be fun and ejimakashunal.
    Flint, Michigan
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Options
    Going to Porkopolis in Cincy for the 2nd time on July 12th.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Salado, for real this time.