Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

July 4th. What's Cooking?

Options
I'm thinking a couple of boston butts and chicken wings.  We have the family coming up Thursday night.  I'm just curious as to everyone's menu. 
Blue Ridge, GA

Comments

• jshillin
    jshillin Posts: 42
    Options
    I'm not sure yet...  I'll probably go to the Butcher Shoppe tomorrow after work and see what looks good.  Leaning really hard toward a pork butt and baby backs though.  
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I'm not sure. Hauling my large up to my wife's family cabin. I brought my small egg last year and her family is requesting I bring it back again. Saturday is dedicated to drinking and naming the egg according to her cousin! :))
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I have a prime brisket that I'm gonna get all nasty with on Friday. I think I have it all finally figured out, so I 've got a good feeling baout this one. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    I plan on starting It early Saturday and lettin it burn all day. So whatever is in the fridge might be on the menu
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    Looks lie it'll be tacos al pastor on Friday and I got an 18# choice packer on Saturday that I will be throwing on the egg around 10pm on Friday night for Saturday's dinner. Sunday will most likely be leftovers.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    I am leaning towards a standing rib roast..But still trolling the meat counters for inspiration.(and the forum)..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • corey24
    corey24 Posts: 386
    Options
    RIBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XL Egg Owner Since Dec 2013 - Louisiana

• Cymbaline65
    Cymbaline65 Posts: 800
    Options

+1 Beef and Pork ribs...

In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Dunno. I'll be at the beach. I am taking my mini, though.
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    I want to cook something different.  Just got to find something good. 

Garnerville, NY
  • chupacabra
    chupacabra Posts: 77
    Options
    Not sure what all I plan to cook but I just got some new wing sauce called Sparky's that I plan to use at some point over the 4th
    Marietta, Ga
    I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day
  • SmokeytheEGG
    SmokeytheEGG Posts: 149
    Options
    I got my 4th planned, but I hope one of you inspire me for a Saturday cook. 
    Blue Ridge, GA
  • damnedhooligan
    Options
    I'm grilling the thick meats.....Pork tenderloin and Tri Tip!! Oh, and grilled tofu "steaks" for the vegetarian in our family.

XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I think it's going to be pizzas on my buddy's LBGE for the 4th. Whole hog will then go on (not on an Egg) around 1:00 AM Saturday. Not sure what we'll cook for lunch on the egg on Saturday yet.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Debbiecz
    Debbiecz Posts: 1
    Options
    We're newbies but I'm going to try a brisket for Friday and then it's skirt steaks, burgers & dogs for Sat. Might try another pizza, our dog ate the first try while we were futzing with the egg!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options

@Debbiecz-welcome aboard and enjoy the journey and here's a link to a current thread that may be of some brisket cook help,

Learning Brisket and have questions   FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    Thinking chicken wings and maybe some steaks.  'Merica.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• Searat
    Searat Posts: 80
    Options
    Been waiting for the right time to finish some elk from last season
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I'm doing two pork butts to 195 for pulled pork and maybe some BBQ beans. My just do burgers or meatloaf on the 5th for my 50th.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    not sure yet but dang it's great to be an American!image

In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    edited June 2014
    Options
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Turbo Ribs
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• DIAD
    DIAD Posts: 187
    Options
    Steamed Crabs and a 5lb flat that I picked up at Sams today.  First time doing a flat.  I have only cooked brisket 2 other times and both full packers.  Looking forward to the 4th!!!
    Chester, MD
  • mshump
    mshump Posts: 212
    Options
    Will be out of town visiting family. So whatever they are cooking on there grills !!
    Danville, Il
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    'merica. I will be doing 32 lbs of boston butt. God Bless the USA.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options

Pork shoulder(chopped NC Lexington style). Baked beans. Roasted corn on the cob. Coleslaw. Perhaps some seafood stuffed clams.  And s'mores in mini cones for desert. This will be my Suday cook on my Parent's LBGE. Got parties elsewhere Friday/Saturday.

Jim

LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I'll be working until 1530, but I will be cooking after work, unsure what yet.
  • JenniferEgger
    JenniferEgger Posts: 68
    edited July 2014
    Options
    4 racks of BB backs on the egg, burgers and dogs on the kettle. Making Italian grilled cheese alongside the ribs early on the egg for one of the appetizers. Food not grilled?
    Corn on the cob, brie, brushetta, snacks for the kids and campfire cones for dessert! (Slightly grilled until melted)  Marshmallows around the firepit after a kid's water gun fight. :)

edited to add baked beans, homemade potato salad and pasta salad.

LGE in da house.

Bucks County,  PA

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Baby Backs for me, Fat Boys Rub and some baked beans.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Spaghetti tonight.  with coon meat.