Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Update on Salado EggFest info

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
Update on Salado EggFest: sorry to report we are losing our (and my) very good friend Russ Allen the GM at Keith's Ace Hardware. Russ has worked his butt off day-light till dark on all 4 EggFests. Russ has guided a team from Ace to make Salado the winner you all appreciate and I thank him very much and will miss him. Russ already has people in place to provide backup for next year which will be March 14th (get your kilts ready). Russ has a Large BGE and most you remember his wife Marcie and his Mother who cooks each year at the Fest. Hoping to have them back in March. Keith's Ace Hardware will continue to sponsor as well as Paragon Distributing (Egg Distributor). We will give away 4 Mini's once more and no cost to you at all. Salado is a very special EggFest. Mickey
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• apinion
    apinion Posts: 470
    Options
    It's where I got my egg.  Russ was very pleasant.
    Louisianian by birth, Louisianian by death. Austinite for now...
  • Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    Options
    Bought my Mini from Keith's ACE Hardware while at the Salado Eggfest two years ago.

Springram
    Spring, Te
    LBGE and Mini
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Is Russ slacking off, I mean "retiring", like you did? :)

I've seen him in action, and he really did work his tail off for the past 2 egg fests that I attended. Please let him know that his efforts were very much appreciated.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Options
    caliking said:
    Is Russ slacking off, I mean "retiring", like you did? :) I've seen him in action, and he really did work his tail off for the past 2 egg fests that I attended. Please let him know that his efforts were very much appreciated.

Wanting to work for himself. Russ is the most non-slacker I have ever been around. I wish him the best.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    That's it...I'm not coming.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Without @henapple and Russ, you just lost 5% of your workforce, but 90% of the work output.  Good luck with this one.  You better start moving eggs now.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Without @henapple and Russ, you just lost 5% of your workforce, but 90% of the work output.  Good luck with this one.  You better start moving eggs now.
    Well, the good news is that beer coolers will remained stocked longer with no henapple.
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Well, the good news is that beer coolers will remained stocked longer with no henapple.
    Sounds like great news!

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Trust me, I never touch the coolers. I merely try to keep stephan and caliqueen outta the pbr. @Mickey knows I'll come down and move the eggs if need be. Russ will be missed. Helluva nice guy.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mickey
    Options
    henapple said:

Trust me, I never touch the coolers. I merely try to keep stephan and caliqueen outta the pbr. @Mickey knows I'll come down and move the eggs if need be. Russ will be missed. Helluva nice guy.

Sounds like all will remain the same. And unless Travis fakes another wedding, Nola doesn't oversleep and Foghorn can stay in the USA all might be in their places.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    We should dress up like furries so the locals will know to stay away from "that crowd".
  • Mickey
    Options

We should dress up like furries so the locals will know to stay away from "that crowd".

I think that boat sailed when we started wearing dresses.

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Please, no bacon covered photos tonight. I'm feeling sick to my stomach already.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @eggcelsior - Lookie dem anthropomorphic things!!!  Dang, shoot 'em!!!

I'll go as a hipster.  Wait, same problem.
    Options
    henapple said:

I merely try to keep stephan and caliqueen outta the pbr.

Didn't work too well this time did it? :D

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.