Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My contribution to burger week

Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,347
edited June 2014 in EggHead Forum
Work was a bear last week, lots of miles and no egg time.  Yesterday I finally was able to satiate my hamburger craving.  And was it good, messy and drippy.
I only took on picture, could not wait to dig in. :-0
The taters were cooked under the meat to absorb the good drips.
Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX

Comments

• NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 11,455
    Woah Nelly! :-O Nice!
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,347
    Thanks NPHuskerFL...Our tummies were very happy.  Doing his favorite tonight, chicken thighs tasted taters and squash.
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 11,455
    Sounds excellent! @"Austin Egghead"‌
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 7,127
    Burger looks good and so does that habanero ketchup in the back!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • RRPRRP Posts: 16,113
    I guess my entry will be of a different type. I buy the big tubes of 80/20 ground chuck from SAMS which typically weigh about 10 pounds. I then stick it in the freezer for a couple hours to get hard and then cut off my "pre-formed" burgers about 1" thick. Then I lay them on a cookie sheet and freeze them over night. Next day I package them to our preference in Food Saver bags. Been doing burgers this way for several years now!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,347
    @Caliking The Melissa Hab ketchup is really good.  It has a kick, but doesn't knock you over.
    @RRP we had a lot of Brisket's should-have-been-roasts ground into hamburger but alas there is no more. We are fortunate to have found a good source for lean grass fed beef until the next calf..  
    Sister Women just had a litter of 8 piglets....there maybe be grass fed bacon in our future.