Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cracked Egg

Options
13»

Comments

• marianneiamele1
    Options
    Actually, Fatcity, The first cook...a pork roast turned out to be the most tender we've ever had. The second one a stand-up chicken...not so much. I was on a time crunch ( am a Real Estate Broker) and had to meet a client after dinner. The chicken looked cooked and the instant read thermometer said it was cooked. Apparently I shouldn't cook on this thing in a crunch until I have more experience. @-)
    XL...Round Rock, TX
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    I feel for you and sympathize with you Marianne. Just use this forum for your questions because these guys know a great deal and cook some wonderful meals. They are also willing to share whenever you ask. Hope everything goes well with your Egg.
  • marianneiamele1
    Options
    Anzyegg...you are absolutely right...I'm apparently learning the hard way, but this is a fabulous forum...I have learned so much in the past few days.
    XL...Round Rock, TX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @marianneiamele1‌ - there's a lot of folks full of good info here. We have all learned a lot from each other, so no worries! Egg on!

If it makes you feel better, I've had my eggs for less than 2 years but know that I'm supposed to burp the egg when cooking at higher Temps. Despite that, I forgot and managed to singe my hair, eyebrows, and eyelashes at Salado this year. I think @henapple has a pic.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    mariannlamele1,  what part of Austin do you call home?  There are several of us in the SW area who would love to meet you and give you some personal lessons.  
    BTW, I know saturday is a prime time for agents, but they do cooks at BBQ Outfitters  on sturdy for lunch.  
    The other green egg site has some very useful info posted by grandpas grubs that you might fine a good read.  Email me if you would like some help and ask questions the big egg community loves to give a helping hand to a new egger.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • marianneiamele1
    marianneiamele1 Posts: 119
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Austin Egghead...We're in Round Rock. What a nice offer! When I have a Saturday available, I will go there. I don't see your email add. What is that other green egg site you are referring to?
    XL...Round Rock, TX
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    caliking said:
    @marianneiamele1‌ - there's a lot of folks full of good info here. We have all learned a lot from each other, so no worries! Egg on! If it makes you feel better, I've had my eggs for less than 2 years but know that I'm supposed to burp the egg when cooking at higher Temps. Despite that, I forgot and managed to singe my hair, eyebrows, and eyelashes at Salado this year. I think @henapple has a pic.

Been there done that, with for getting to burn the egg. Luckily I had long sleeve on and I needed a hair cut and I keep my hair short.
    Actually, Fatcity, The first cook...a pork roast turned out to be the most tender we've ever had. The second one a stand-up chicken...not so much. I was on a time crunch ( am a Real Estate Broker) and had to meet a client after dinner. The chicken looked cooked and the instant read thermometer said it was cooked. Apparently I shouldn't cook on this thing in a crunch until I have more experience. @-)

@marianneiamele1‌, try spatchcock chicken where you cut the breast bone, flaten bird and cook bone side down. It cooks a little faster.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • marianneiamele1
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Caliking ..I bet you will remember to burp next time you do high temp cooking! Must have been scary!
    XL...Round Rock, TX
  • marianneiamele1
    Options
    Everyone talks about that spatchcock chicken...I will def try it!
    XL...Round Rock, TX
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    marianne, email me thru the forum.  It will go to my gmail account.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

Caliking ..I bet you will remember to burp next time you do high temp cooking! Must have been scary!

Yep. Burned my eyelashes even though I wear glasses!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • 55drum
    55drum Posts: 162
    Options
    By chance...you didn't loan your egg to Bobby Flay did you??
  • marianneiamele1
    edited July 2014
    Options
    55drum...I know who Bobby Flay is, but I know I missed the humor. Is he cracked?
    XL...Round Rock, TX