Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"People are just obsessed with this thing."

Options
Perhaps an common belief here but pretty cool to hear Bobby Flay say this about the Egg in a promo for his BBQ Addiction show starting again Monday night on The Food Network.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

Comments

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Either they're obsessed with the actually cooking on it; or more so what comes off of it
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    hapster said:
    Either they're obsessed with the actually cooking on it; or more so what comes off of it
    Myself, I'm obsessed with cooking on it, and then eating the food, while I'm also obsessed by eating good food and ways to cook it.

Not either/or but and/both.
  • MJH
    MJH Posts: 102
    Options
    Yeah. Have you ever eaten his food? He'd do well to stick a few Eggs in each of his restaurants.
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    LOL... I have people at work telling me I should quit and open a place or get a food truck featuring eggs
  • gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    Options
    @MJH‌ Never had the chance to eat in his restaurants, but I'm sure if Bobby Flay was actually cooking for me at the time the results would be awesome. @hapster‌ The obsession for me is the whole process but more importantly comments from people eating Egged
    food for the first time.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    Can't stand bobby flay. Can the boy cook? Yes he can.
    I was channel surfing and saw this BBQ Addictiin show. Turned the channel and there he is with his XL. I struggled to watch only because he was cooking the meal on the egg.
    Some kind of Jamaican spiced rack of pork with some sweet potato concoction.
  • BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    Options
    I have eaten at a number of his restaurants and all have been excellent. He wasn't cooking there at the time but he runs a good place. And I don't really understand the hate sent his way. He has done a lot to widen the awareness of grilling and BBQ.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    He's not a bad dude.. He's a bit one sided on his cooking as he loves pretty much anything with spice. Everything is spicy.. Which is fine, I love spicy anything, and everything.

That said.. meh.
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    Options
    my wife and i ate at his new hamburger joint in las vegas back in april……it was delicious.
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • MJH
    MJH Posts: 102
    Options
    I don't think he's a bad dude. I like him & he has a lot of tremendous ideas. But 2-for-2 bad meals at Mesa did me in on his restaurants. Always hiding the protein under too much showoff ingredient combos. Hence, the quip abt adding an Egg or two to every restaurant: let the meat shine through Bobby.
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    I had a great meal at Mesa and an awful one at Bar Americaine in NYC.
    I think he's a very flexible and knowledgable chef - something of a journeyman. His brunch shows are basic but have some cool ideas.
    He's become brasher thru the TV things but not as bad as that obnoxious twit on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Perhaps an common belief here but pretty cool to hear Bobby Flay say this about the Egg in a promo for his BBQ Addiction show starting again Monday night on The Food Network.
    My only issue is that he refers to it as a "ceramic cooker".
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

It's all good. Anybody who knows anything about Bbq cookers knows thats an egg. It ain't a Joe!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I would guess his sponsorships prevent him from calling it by name.

Little Rock, AR

• bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options
    Ummmm...is it not a ceramic cooker?  :)) Just messing with you

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• HogHeaven
    HogHeaven Posts: 326
    Options
    Bobby flay can do BBQ right... Ever see him use a Santa Barbra grill? That's my next grill.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I have no issues with him calling it a "ceramic cooker" when the channel is sponsored by Weber, they're lucky to even use an egg on the show.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I've noticed on Pitmaster that several guys had different bags of lump and mainly use wood.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN