Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

mickey made me do pork chops

Options
looking for ways to burn the exterior without overcooking the middle with thin chops, i need to try cooking them frozen, still good, nice flareups with the butter and brown sugar, then a habanero honey sauce

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    They look great. I did some thick ones this week and next time I'm using a CI skillet from which I just cut the handle. Love pork chops - hey, they go with potato salad.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    +1 on freezing them first.  Looks gerd.
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I cooked THE most awesome stuffed pork chops ever on my Mini the other day..

Started with 1 1/4'' thick cut chops - just around one pound (!) each, sliced down the middle for stuffing.

They were so good (literally the best I've ever had) that I wrote down the process:
    • Pre-heat MBGE to 400
    • Season chops - inside and out!  (Dizzy Dust - his; Arizona Dreamin - hers)
    • Grill UNSTUFFED chops 2 min on each side
    • Put pizza stone wrapped in foil onto Mini Woo
    • Remove chops and stuff
    • Cook 20 min indirect at 300 - 350, flipping every 5 min
    • Remove at 140 - 150
    • Rest 10 minutes
    • Serve!
    Mini BGE, KJ Classic - Black, Cookshack SM025, Weber Gasser (mostly for Kamado storage!)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Very nice
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• HogHeaven
    HogHeaven Posts: 326
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-mongolian-pork-chops/detail.aspx Pork chops bobby flay says is his favorite thing to BBQ... I also use the marinade on chicken thighs, without the mustard dipping sauce...mmm
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @fishlessman‌
    Nice looking plate of grub my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.