Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Brisket cook!

Options
grussem
grussem Posts: 120
Hey everyone! I did another brisket cook. It was a 6lb flat. I didn't trim anything at all. It was smoked at between 225-245 over lump and hickory chunks (BTW that was the temperature at the grate, not on the dome). I only wrapped it for about an hour and ONLY because I wanted it to get done (it was starting to get close to supper and would not have gotten done in time had I not).  It was smoked fat cap up for the duration. Included are some pictures and a link to the YouTube video at the end.  If you have any questions or tips please let me know.  Have a great day everyone!

Eric

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I've never cooked a flat, but want to. I have to wait for special occasions i.e. many guests to cook a packer because of the quantity of meat. Thanks for posting.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like a winner to me my friend! =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Great looking flat! I like the pretzel bun too.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • grussem
    Options
    Thanks for the comments, it was pretty good on the pretzel bun!  I am still trying to decide what I am going to cook for the 4th of July.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    I also like Blues Hog barbecue sauce. I mix it with a bit of their Tennessee Red... Great flat..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Most eggcellent-flats are a challenge so you should appreciate even more a great result.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DIAD
    DIAD Posts: 187
    Options
    Looks great! How long did it take? I have only cooked packers twice and I also need a party for all of the meat. I would like to give it a try
    Chester, MD
  • grussem
    Options
    I also like Blues Hog barbecue sauce. I mix it with a bit of their Tennessee Red... Great flat..
    I too like their Tennessee Red, goes well with my ribs.

DIAD said:
    Looks great! How long did it take? I have only cooked packers twice and I also need a party for all of the meat. I would like to give it a try
    DIAD, it took about 10 hours to cook and rested for an hour.