Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

primitive? in a way I suppose LOL

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,895
Tonight I went out early to light the fire starter buried in my small to get to a rip roaring 700 degree fire to sear a beautiful rib eye. Well...the butane lighter decided to bite the dust. I came back in looking for a back up and as I looked I saw a familiar old butt end of a box of fireplace matches we received years ago and seldom used! NO I DO NOT THROW AWAY STUFF! Well, anyway that 12" long match saved the night. You can see the remaining end of that 12" pointed at 4:00. Hey, it worked!!!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Back to basics, always works.  Also have a bad habit of not throwing away stuff ... until spring cleaning.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    EggNorth said:
    Back to basics, always works.  Also have a bad habit of not throwing away stuff ... until spring cleaning.

LOL - these have seen at least 25 Springs! But they still work, so I will save the remaining 35 or 40 long matches!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    Primitive? Where's the outhouse pics?
    Dunedin, FL