Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Alone in Florida. Post #3

Options
GlennM
GlennM Posts: 1,365
As I mentioned earlier, my wife is helping her dad move in PEI, so, I headed off to our winter place in Naples. I don't have an egg here but I do have an Akorn jr that I bought for this home. It works quite well, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again! Tonite, chicken breast, brown rice, salad and baby carrots. The wine is just for the photo, I poured it down the sink.
In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 

Comments

• GlennM
    Options
    Just in case I'm being blacklisted for not having an egg in Florida ( no responses). I do have a LGE at home ( Cambridge, Ontario), and use it all the time !
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    It all looks great from here. The wine - not so much. ;)

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• GlennM
    Options
    It went down the sink anyway!
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    Another great looking meal..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    No blacklisting from me. I have several friends with Akorns who love them - and I have cooked on them with excellent results as well. That seems like a great "winter/vacation house" grill. And the results you show justify it. Well done.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    As long as you have an Egg back home, then it's OK I guess :) -  The weather up here in Cambridge was probably like Florida today - watching the air show fly over.  The meal looks great!
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • GlennM
    Options
    I'm back in Cambridge on Monday. The egg will be cookin on Canada day if I get to the food store before closing time. The Acorn jr has worked really well for me as a substitution. The only thing is it is a bit hard to control the temp. All the food has been great, I used it every night, just only posted a few. Strip loin tonight!