Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

4 new tables

Options
Fishkiller
Fishkiller Posts: 42
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
100_0307.jpg[p]100_0303.jpg[p]100_0300.jpg[p]100_0302.jpg[p]100_0311.jpg[p]100_0306.jpg[p]Well, here are our 4 new tables. We couldn't justify paying $400 bucks a piece for the tables they build out of pine (yes, pine 2x4 and 1x4's)at our local BGE store. My father-in-law bought some rough-cut cedar that we planed and jointed together. We still have some work to do but they will be sprayed with an epoxy and casters bolted to the bottum of the legs. That is a black marble tile that will be in each one, a large sandstone tile will be under each egg. That cute blonde in the one pic is Dr. Tara my wife. I'll send the finished pics after they are completed.
fishkiller

Comments

• fishkiller,
    Those are NICE! My inlaws have the woodworking equipment and I was wondering, did you use the plans from the website? If so, I will modify mine to include the cutiing boards.

• Fishkiller
    Options
    ronbeaux,
    They are the same, more or less. We just measured one of the tiles, centered it, and "tacked" on a frame to make the routering idiot-proof. You might be able to see that one of the tile slot's is not center...my father-in-law wanted his closer to the edge. I centered mine so that if I add another BGE later, I can cut out the center, and none of the slot would be noticable.
    fishkiller

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    fishkiller,
    Very nice work. Red cedar- your shop was smelling good with all the cutting and routering, I bet. Nice job with rounding off the table top edges.
    Clay