Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wife got me a Party Q for our anniversary!!!

Options
As the title inidcates, my wife got me a Party Q (the new design) for our three year anniversary.  Looking forward to doing a cook with it soon! 

At first I didn't really care for a controller.  I am a little old school and go my sight, feel, and temp probe.  I am used to cooking on a 50 gal. homemade cooker.  Feathering coals (hickory and oak) every 15 min until I can get the jelly feel from the meat. 

There are times when I wished I had a controller for next day functions where I can set for over night cooking.  I have a Maverick 733 for remote monitoring too so it made since to get the Party Q.  One feature I liked about the Party Q is that I didn't need a AC adapter/drop cord or any other homemade item to operate off batteries. 

Hopefully this weekend I can cook something.  I am really not much of a low and slow guy these days.  I mostly run turbo butts/ribs.  Maybe I will do a low and slow butt at 250° to put the PartyQ through its paces. 
------------------------------
Thomasville, NC
My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
Instagram
Facebook
My Photography Site

Comments