Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's The Best Most Recent Concert You've Been To

Options
2»

Comments

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Most recent was Jason Isbell at the Soundstage in Baltimore. It was really good.

Best would come from either George Clinton at the 9:30 club in DC, Medeski, Martin & Wood at the Maine Center for the Arts, or The Great Went, Phish's weekend festival in Limestone, ME.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options

Nothing recent, but I was at DC Stadium for a concert in, I believe, 1966. One of the stops on their final tour. 

How many here can say they saw...

There are many genres I enjoy. And the Beatles are amongst the most influential even today. That had to have be very memorable.
    :D
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Many many years ago at NEBRASKAland Days I saw (seperate occasions) Clint Black, The Judds, Chubby Checker and The Monkeys. I watched sitting on a hay bale toward the front right center of the stage at Buffalo Bill Cody's Wild West Arena.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone‌ Stevie Ray Vaughn was awesome to watch. I think I have most of his recordings. We love the Blues and Jazz. Not to much I don't like. But, I do like my Rock-N-Roll. Classic stuff is hard to beat (KISS is right up at the Top for me).
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Johnny Cash and The Tennessee Two in Nashville Tn. 1959.
    Kiss/Blue Oyster Cult Cobo Hall Detroit 1975.
    Those were my favorite two concerts.

The most recent concert I attended and also the last one I attended was.
    Ronnie James Dio Live at the Spectrum in Philadelphia Pa. 1984.
    Great show as well.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    SGH said:

Johnny Cash and The Tennessee Two in Nashville Tn. 1959.
    Kiss/Blue Oyster Cult Cobo Hall Detroit 1975.
    Those were my favorite two concerts.

The most recent concert I attended and also the last one I attended was.
    Ronnie James Dio Live at the Spectrum in Philadelphia Pa. 1984.
    Great show as well.

\m/ Mr. Johnny Cash! Ronnie James Dio! KISS! B.O.C! That's a serious line-up. But, Johnny Cash himself had my full attention.
    Throw in some Elvis, The BEATLES, Johnny Coltrane, Miles Davis, Charles Mingus, Plas Johnson, Duke Ellington... Ya I have a huge variety I love. But, Jazz, Blues, Country, Bluegrass, Soul, older R&B and Rock-N-Roll all have love with me.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    Johnny Cash was my all time favorite. He is who I still mostly listen to today.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    Saw Darius Rucker (Hootie) few weeks ago- great. Tony Bennett last year- awesome . And for @foghorn and other Boss fans, here's some pics I shot in '81 in Columbia, SC. And a pizza I made Saturday- kinda OT-OT
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Cookbook_Chip‌ The Boss & EStreet band still rocking. Great American Band with a even better story. EStreet Band was FINALLY inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options

Saw Darius Rucker (Hootie) few weeks ago- great. Tony Bennett last year- awesome . And for @foghorn and other Boss fans, here's some pics I shot in '81 in Columbia, SC. And a pizza I made Saturday- kinda OT-OT

Nice pics. Clarence was da man.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Saw both Springsteen shows at Mohegan Sun last month, I've seen him numerous times, and he and the ESB still put on an amazing show.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Maxwell1331
    Options
    Zac Brown Band last weekend at Jiffy Lube Live. Great show as always!
    LBGE, MiniMax, Weber Genesis and a hunger for all grilling knowledge! Aledo, TX
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @BRush00‌ here's the QUEEN I remember and boy did they put on a phenomenal show.
    Queen Live Aid 1985 - Bohemian Rhapsody - Radio G…: http://youtu.be/YimR77fq7Yw
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • BRush00
    BRush00 Posts: 367
    edited July 2014
    Options

@NPHuskerFL - well a little late, but I thought I'd report on the Adam Lambert/Queen show...

I can't lie, Adam was awesome.  No, he wasn't Freddie, but he can absolutely sing (In fact, during the show, Brian May introduced Adam as 'probably the best rock and roll singer alive').  He really can sing.  Brian and Roger haven't lost a step at ALL, both of them are still Legendary.  Roger's Son is drumming with the band too now, and WOW that kid has talent.

All in all, it was a solid, awesome concert.  I'm pretty sure there were a couple of sad-faces after the show, but all of them were on the faces of 13 year old girls, who thought this was an Adam Lambert concert.

Still, would rather it have been Freddie not Adam.

[Insert clever signature line here]