Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So When is HawaiiFest

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Didn't we talk about doing this a while back? Sooo...I'm figuring out 2006 schedule around now. Anyone up for a HawaiiFest????? Oh man would that be something!!!! Is there a distributor out there to help us out? Or do we just ship two XLs and share![p]mShark

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    mollyshark,
    I'm with you. Give me a date. We will be cruising over.[p]Mike

• guavawood
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]I'm all for it too! I've asked "da man" here about it and he is on the Big Island of hawaii. We are on Oahu and he has some at a store here that sells high end outdoor furniture. They are moving shop next month supposedly and I have been trying to get the list of Hawaii BGE owners to get together. You might want to send him an email expressing your interest in Having a Hawaii Fest and it might happen. I keep telling him that too. His name is Jeff Mermel. J & S Mermel Email: [p]hilofire@verizon.net[p]Aloha![p]Greg Kemp
  • WVU-Egg
    WVU-Egg Posts: 101
    Options
    mollyshark,
    I am booked to be in Oahu from 7/20 until 7/30. So I'm in........provided it is during those dates!!

• WVU-Egg
    Options
    guava wood,
    By the way, used your wood the other night while smoking some pork tenderloins and I loved it. Nice smoke flavor. My wife just laughed at me while I was standing near the egg smelling the smoke as it was coming out![p]Also, as referenced above in another post I'll be out in Oahu (Ko Olina) for 10 days in July and would love to come by and see your setup and get to know another Egger. Hopefully we can arrange it.

• WVU_Egg,[p]I know what you mean...I like to smell the smoke too. I walk around the yard and see how the wind carry's the aroma. What our wives must be thinking![p]Give me a shout when you're here. Email me and I can give you my cell number. Of course the EggFest would be good in July but I was thinking it might be more attractive to you mainland folks some time between Jan-May? BRRR![p]Ko Olina is nice area but clear accross the island from us. We are in Kailua.[p]Aloha![p]Greg
  • WVU-Egg
    Options
    guava@gregkemp.com,
    I don't mind driving! I have a good friend who lives in Honolulu so we might just leave the women one day and drive over that way and make the visit. Plus my kids want to get out and explore other parts of Oahu so maybe I'll bring them along.[p]And I know they have a Costco there. So I could always stop and pick up some nice filets!! Summer Hawaii Eggfest 2006![p]