Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need an eggnog recipe.

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks in advance.[p]Mike

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    buy the stuff at the grocery store. .. buy a bottle of rum. . .mix the two together. .. .

• Car Wash Mike,
    I always get the grocery store egg nogg. The low fat or fat free kind is just as good as any. Personally, I like Myers Jamacan rum. It is dark rum and has great flavor not like the Bicardi junk. [p]Jerry

• mad max beyond eggdome,
    For a surprisingly tastey experience try the
    Egg Nog Soy Milk (I'll tell you the brand
    when I go to work.) Low fat, 120 calories per
    glass and it was good. If you can get them to try it, they'll drink it! And an occassional guest or two will thank you for the effort (although maybe not if you live in the south.)

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Jwirlwind,
    LOL. Guests are eggspecting to much.
    Food and a drink, give me a break.
    Bringing that hot rod out this summer, I love those pics.[p]Mike

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Ignore area codes from (785). My mom is crazy. I refused to give her your cell number.
    Turkey was a huge hit. It was done in the oven, but OMG.
    Will just get the store stuff.[p]Mike

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Here are a few:
    EGGNOG EXTREME (I'm Not Martha)
    12 egg yolks
    2 cups white sugar
    1 (750 milliliter) bottle white rum
    4 cups half-and-half cream
    2 cups and 1 tablespoon heavy cream
    12 egg whites
    1 cup white sugar
    1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg[p]Directions
    In a large bowl, combine egg yolks, 2 cups sugar and rum.
    Mix well, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.[p]Stir half-and-half into cooled yolk mixture. In a large bowl, whip the heavy
    cream until soft peaks form; set aside.[p]In a separate clean bowl, with a clean whisk, whip egg whites until thick,
    then gradually add sugar and whip until peaks form. Fold the whipped cream
    into the egg whites, then fold into the yolks mixture. Sprinkle top with
    nutmeg.[p]****************************************
    Mama's Eggnog
    Recipe courtesy Paula Deen[p]6 egg, separated
    3/4 cup sugar
    1 pint heavy cream
    4 pints milk
    1/2 pint Bourbon
    1 tablespoon vanilla
    Nutmeg
    In a bowl beat the egg yolks with the 1/2 cup of sugar until thick. In another bowl beat the egg whites with 1/4 cup of sugar until thick. In a third bowl beat the cream until thick. Add the cream to the yolks, fold in the egg whites, and add the milk, Bourbon, vanilla, and a pinch of nutmeg, if desired. Chill in freezer before serving. [p]Serve eggnog in a large punch bowl.
    BEITU (Best Eggnog in the Universe)[p]1 dozen eggs, separated
    ½ teaspoon salt
    2 ½ cups sugar
    2 (or more) cups bourbon
    ½ cup rum
    1 quart milk
    2 tablespoons vanilla
    3 pints cream [p]Beat egg yolks with salt. Add ½ cup sugar and beat until thick. Mix in bourbon, rum, quart of milk, and vanilla. Beat egg whites till foamy. Add remaining sugar to egg whites and beat till stiff. Whip cream until stiff. Fold egg whites and whipped cream into booze/milk mixture.[p]Chill well before serving.
    Cheers, Bob

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    And shave just a little fresh nutmeg on top. -RP

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Car Wash Mike:[p]I probably shouldn't tell this story on myself, but if you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at (except maybe Max and StumpBaby).[p]Quite a few years ago I was asked to make some eggnog and thought I did a great job until everyone tasted it and it was TERRIBLE. I went back in the kitchen to see what I did wrong and found that instead of using the bottle of vanilla, I had grabbed the bottle of Soy Sauce. So now the joke is that I made Chinese eggnog.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay[p]

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Luvmyegg
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    The soy eggnog is made by Silk and it is very good. If you read the nutrition labels between that and the store bought stuff, well, the soy stuff is not a heart attack in a glass. I think it would be great with some rum. I took a baking class recently and was told only to cook with dark rum. The teacher said, "dark rum is for flavor, light rum is for getting drunk".[p]Happy Holidays![p]Barbara

• ... at the bottom of your post, is one I posted a year or two ago. It is INDEED, the Best Eggnog in the Universe, and the recipe is tried and true! Spectacular! [p]I will be making it again this year. I serve it with an eclectic array of glasses, so people can take as much or as little as they like.[p]Lee[p]eggnog2003.jpg[p][p]
  • Q-rious Tom
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]An oldie from Forbes Magazine's Malcom Forbes:[p]One gallon of GOOD french vanilla ice cream (if the ingredient list contains anything besides milk, cream, eggs, sugar, flavoring -- don't use it)[p]One fifth of a good dark rum.[p]Thaw ice gream until just soft, blend in rum.[p]Tom
  • HighCotton
    Options
    We add a liitle nutmeg to Publix egg nog and a splash of bourbon instead of rum
  • McKevin
    Options
    QSis,[p]
    Add another vote for the Best Eggnog in the Universe. I made a batch last year & it was a big hit!