Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ceramic Grill Works woes

Options
DaveM
DaveM Posts: 100
Anyone else have a heavily warped 2-tier grill? Earlier this year, they claimed it would be swapped out, but that was back in April. Since then, they have gone dark on me. Anyone have any tips on how to contact them? I've got numerous messages into Franko as well as on their web page. Thx!
--Dave from Leesburg, VA BGE XL, Viking 42", Firepit with $16 grill

Comments

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Dave, sent you a private message.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • DaveM
    Options
    Franko pinged me last night and promised a replacement will be shipped Thursday.  Can't wait as I love the grill, other than the huge warp.  Will update once I get it!
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    I've always noticed a slight warp in mine, but never thought anything of it. It seems to only warp for me on hot and fast cooks. maybe i should like into this....

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • DaveM
    Options
    Mine is warped over 3" and I have trouble shutting the top as it hits the top tier now.
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I knew I made a mistake buying this. I should have went with an AR, fact is I am gonna pay the money and buy an AR. My Two Tier rack is going in the trash. What a waste of $180.00
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • setdahook
    setdahook Posts: 284
    Options
    Great service by these guys Franco is a man of his word and makes it right. By the way love the two teir!!!!!! Would not go any other way!!!!!
  • smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340
    Options
    Love my two tier. Works awesome.