Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's The Best Most Recent Concert You've Been To

NPHuskerFL
NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
edited June 2014 in Off Topic
Took my "dubbed the giggleboxes to"
Jacksonville, FL 2012 Big Ticket. This was an outdoor show with like 19 bands 8 or 9 stages and it was flipping EPIC start to finish. 13 hrs long I think & Not 1 band there sucked. Totally got to do this again.
The Big Ticket 2012 Jacksonville Florida:
imageimageimageimageimage
LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    That's cool!

Last one for us was the Allman Brothers and Lynyrd Skynyrd. I'm a huge ABB fan but skynyrd really put on a great show.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • cajuncook
    cajuncook Posts: 99
    Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, still touring after over 40 years.
    Live on beautiful Lake Hartwell GA
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Saw Jack White a couple of weeks ago.  Great show.
    NOLA
  • EggSpinner
    EggSpinner Posts: 69
    Looks awesome! The last one that we went to was Pearl Jam.  Great show
    Michael 

Winston Salem, NC

• fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    I think George Strait was our last. Had to travel for that one!! We didn't go to the superfest because we had already seen all the people there!
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Dave Matthews Band a few weeks ago and Zac Brown Band @ Fenway this Saturday!
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Kid Rock about 2yrs ago and 10-12yrs prior to that it was Godsmack & Stained. As you can tell I burn the concert trail up!!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • frank318
    frank318 Posts: 15
    The Eagles in Las Vegas Feb. 2014.
    What a great concert good seats and Joe Walsh was the bomb!!!!
  • I'm going with Springsteen in Melbourne AU.!! 3/12 hrs of pure music. Took my 11 yr old son ( his first gig) told him every other concert will pale in comparison. And he got a high five from the boss himself!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    must be getting old, the ramones and it was 1983 backing up for the b52's
    :))
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Chris Robinson Brotherhood at Madison Theater here in Cincy.  Great place to see a show, and they killed it all night.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Going to see 3 nights of  Phish next weekend in  Saratoga . Couldnt be more excited
    Toronto
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Saw Jimmy Buffet last month.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • clintmiller
    clintmiller Posts: 147
    Saw the Ethnic Heritage Ensemble with Hamiet Bluiett back in February. Absolutely fantastic show.
  • jrf316
    jrf316 Posts: 55
    ac/dc back in 2000 at Reunion Arena.
    Visca Barca
    Mes Que Un Club

• Timvanee
    Timvanee Posts: 43
    Zac Brown last weekend in Philly (well... Camden)
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Best concert ever was Springsteen in 1981. Most recent was Journey and Steve Miller Band. I haven't been to a recent concert that compares to Springsteen or Rolling Stones or The Who from the early 1980s.... Not even the Jonas Brothers...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• tgkleman
    tgkleman Posts: 216
    Bruce in Charlotte back in May.  I had seen him 30 years earlier at the Meadowlands.  He still puts on a great show.

Also saw Counting Crows, and Toad the Wet Sprocket at the Peace Center in Greenville on Fathers Day with the family.  Great times!
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Robert Earl Keen, Jr. at Billy Bob's in Fort Worth in March of this year. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• BRush00
    BRush00 Posts: 367
    Rob Zombie & Alice Cooper co-headlined a tour a few years back.... Such a great evening.  Smashing Pumpkins in 2013 was awesome too.

Headed to Queen w/ Adam Lambert tomorrow night
    [Insert clever signature line here]
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Last show I saw was John Fogerty closing out Jazz Fest.  He sounded great, and is finally able to play his CCR stuff (free from the evil record companies).  We all camped out together in the backfield at the Samsung Galaxy stage (known as the Gentilly stage). Awesome show, and afterwards, we went to my neighbor's place down the street and cooked up a huge BBQ, partied hard and walked exactly one block back home and crashed.
    Rob Zombie & Alice Cooper co-headlined a tour a few years back.... Such a great evening.  Smashing Pumpkins in 2013 was awesome too.

Headed to Queen w/ Adam Lambert tomorrow night
    No offense but, Queen without Freddie Mercury? I know bands do this occasionally but, that would be like No Kurt Cobain w/ Nirvana, No Boss with Bruce Springsteen and the E Street band. Etc. Don't get me wrong I'm sure it'll be a good show.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • HAWKCARL
    HAWKCARL Posts: 63

Took the old lady to see Luke Bryan a few months ago.

Going to see Motley Crue in a couple weeks.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    I just realized that my best recent concert was Willie Nelson at Floore's Country Store on an outdoor stage in pouring rain. It was a great show.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Nothing recent, but I was at DC Stadium for a concert in, I believe, 1966. One of the stops on their final tour. 

How many here can say they saw...

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• BRush00

No offense but, Queen without Freddie Mercury? I know bands do this occasionally but, that would be like No Kurt Cobain w/ Nirvana, No Boss with Bruce Springsteen and the E Street band. Etc. Don't get me wrong I'm sure it'll be a good show.
    Totally agree with you @NPHuskerFL .  REALLY not sure about this one, but to give it a little context: 

I'm 29, was too young to SEE Freddie, but I grew up with Queen's music listening to my Dad's record collection (along with Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, etc. etc.).  If I had a time machine and permission to go to any historical concert - it would be a Queen show.

I saw this pop up in my city one day and.... I suppose out of respect for the band as a whole, I had to buy tickets.  After all, it's the closest I'll ever come to seeing "proper"Queen perform.  2/4 members are better than none right? 
  • BRush00
    On another side-note - it infuriates me to no end, that my Mother-In-Law, has seen "proper"Queen.
  • Chef Charles
    Chef Charles Posts: 871
    Paul Simon and Sting at their stop in Montreal at the end of February.  It was a good show.

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• I don't go to concerts much anymore. My hearing is not very good and I want to preserve it. We saw Alan Jackson a couple of years ago & he was good.

I've seen many great shows in my time. KISS at old Tiger Stadium 1996, Ted Nugent Whiplash Bash (New Years Eve multiple years), Stevie Ray Vaughn at Meadowbrook (intimate amphitheater)...
    Flint, Michigan