Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-Dizzy Pig products

Options
2»

Comments

• msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    Options
    i love the dizzy pig stuff……i use the dizzy dust, swamp venom, cow lick, tsunami spin, raising the steaks and raging river all the time.

quality stuff and my wife digs it as well, so that's always a plus.

gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Tsunami Spin on a spatchcock chicken is a family favorite!
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • brycos
    brycos Posts: 137
    Options
    The Dizzy Pig spices are excellent - very fresh, great flavor profile with some very different spices, stuff you don't see in the crowd of salt pepper paprika garlic onion chili sugar rubs. 

Salt isn't the main ingredient, and that's also a sign of a good rub.  I bought 10 different DP rubs and used almost all of them up.  Will I buy more?  Yeah, I have a few favorites.  My only complaint is the sugar could be dialed back a bit in some of them, but I'm a savory kind of guy and that's my personal preference.
    totally agree. there needs to be some more Umami-ish in there rubs.
  • bigdaddydivo
    Options
    I have been waiting to get some of the DP spices and I plan to soon. When I got my egg in May I also got an assortment of house made spices the dealer sold. If any of you are up North or are adventurous to order online try Tastylicksbbq.com or stop by the shop in Shillington PA (not far from Reading). I purchased a sampler pack of there spices and have tried almost all of them in the two months or so. I haven't gotten a lot of sweet or salty taste from them and I think they are very good. Fred the owner is a fun guy to talk to as well and his staff is very nice!!! 

LBGE, Weber One touch 26.75, an old gasser, firepit and more gadgets than ten people need

Livonia N.Y. (the vampire state)

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @bigdaddydivo‌
    I have used some of the tastylick products in the past. Over all they are quite good.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    JRWesco said:
    @SGH‌ The pineapple head is awesome on grilled pineapple!!
    and on popcorn as well - try it sometime!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SGH
    Options
    @RRP‌
    I can believe that it's good on popcorn. We enjoy Bad Byron's on popcorn as well.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I must be in the minority here, but we love Dizzy Pig's Red Eye Express on steaks. 

If my kids are acting up all I have to do is threaten them with NOT putting red eye on their steak and the foolishness comes to a screeching halt. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • SGH
    Options
    @johnkitchens‌
    That's a good one! May have to try that with my grand children!

Status- Standing by.

• jllbms
    jllbms Posts: 381
    Options
    @JRWesco‌ That's on the menu tonight! Any particular grilling tips?
    Kemah, TX
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    I must be in the minority here, but we love Dizzy Pig's Red Eye Express on steaks. 

If my kids are acting up all I have to do is threaten them with NOT putting red eye on their steak and the foolishness comes to a screeching halt. 

Doubt you're in the minority as much as some just haven't tried it.  I haven't yet, but will be ordering REE on my next purchase. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• JRWesco
    JRWesco Posts: 57
    Options
    @jllbms‌ I just leave them on long enough to get some good grill marks and carmelize a little , how did you like it?
  • NoDak1959
    NoDak1959 Posts: 45
    edited July 2014
    Options

I had posted this a while back. All Dizzy pig stuff is very good to great. But if they aren't sold near you here is a good site to order from.

• NoDak1959
    NoDak1959 Posts: 45
    Options

Didn't let me post link to yard and pool.com check them out.