Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table nest wobbles

I recently purchased a table nest for my LBGE.

When I put the nest together, it was clear that it was somewhat unstable. I figured once it had the weight of the egg on it everything would be fine.

I then put the egg in it in my table, and it still wobbled. I thought, maybe after a week or two it would settle in.

It still hasn't settled in and is slightly unstable.

Any ideas? I didn't save the receipt, but I did purchase from an ACE Hardware (certified dealer).

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    You could put some felt pads under the feet that are off until it is level.

I'd see about returning first, if able.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Loosen some of the nuts and bolts and try to make the play work for you.  Get it right then tighten them up again.
    Are the arms laying the wrong way? Maybe the wrong one is on top??

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• HAWKCARL
    HAWKCARL Posts: 63
    There is only one bolt and nut to hold it together, one leg has an indentation for the other. There is really no adjustment or any way it could be put together incorrectly.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Sugar packet =))
    JK it could have a defect.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    HAWKCARL said:

There is only one bolt and nut to hold it together, one leg has an indentation for the other. There is really no adjustment or any way it could be put together incorrectly.

Yep only one way to assemble it. Return it and get a new one.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    I've seen one of those tables nests under someone's Egg and noticed the same thing.....the Egg actually rocked backward slightly when you opened the lid.  I prefer a paver (much more stable) and add feet or something similar if you feel you need an air gap.  Cheaper option too. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    We put a thin washer under the gap between the egg and the nest. Most all of them wobble a bit.
  • HAWKCARL
    HAWKCARL Posts: 63

We put a thin washer under the gap between the egg and the nest. Most all of them wobble a bit.

I figured it would be easier to shim it rather than take it out and replace it.