Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thin Chops on the Mini / Very quick lunch

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
350 with the Mini Woo. Seasoned with coffee rub. Very easy and quick lunch. image
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Looks good from here.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Very nice lunch indeed!
    Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like a ace in the whole! Nicely done my friend! =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Hey Mickey, (slight hijack here) what size is your mini griddle?
    Flint, Michigan
  • Mickey
    edited June 2014
    Options

10" SS. You are asking about the grid? I have a Lodge griddle that is 9" CI.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Mickey and his coffee rub are directly responsible for the rising cost of coffee. ;) Looks great, my friend.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    Options
    I have done the same thing many times on the Mini. Use DP Raging River as seasoning, however. The Mini is wonderful for us empty nesters.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • Mickey
    Options
    Springram said:
    I have done the same thing many times on the Mini. Use DP Raging River as seasoning, however. The Mini is wonderful for us empty nesters.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    The two Larges just sit there looking at each other most of the time.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Mickey said:

That's what I thought about the Lodge. I ordered one from Amazon a while back and the order was rejected because the item was unavailable. After a few Weeks of waiting (Ok, mostly forgetting to re-check), I found it elsewhere on the Web. Maybe Lodge is discontinuing this little gem? I don't know, but I'm glad I got one. I gotta choose an inaugeral cook. Any suggestions?
    Flint, Michigan
  • Mickey
    Options

That's what I thought about the Lodge. I ordered one from Amazon a while back and the order was rejected because the item was unavailable. After a few Weeks of waiting (Ok, mostly forgetting to re-check), I found it elsewhere on the Web. Maybe Lodge is discontinuing this little gem? I don't know, but I'm glad I got one. I gotta choose an inaugeral cook. Any suggestions?

Hard to beat this. After outside bring back up top to cook. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

• bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options
    Awesome cook and looks wonderful. Wish i have same kind of lunch.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    =P~ =D>
    Flint, Michigan
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Looks great. My lunch today was carrots, celery, tomatoes, and a fruit cup...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Damn I want a mini! :(

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That makes me sad. My lunch was a cheese sandwich. 

BTW, thought I would let you know that I mixed up a batch of coffee rub after multiple adult beverages some time ago. Screwed up the recipe somehow. For instance, woke up to find that I had run out of pepper because I added too much because I read the recipe wrong because sometimes I don't see so well after many libations. 

Despite all that, the rub still tastes good though! Great on steaks and brisket, but not as universal as the correct recipe for the coffee rub. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    edited June 2014
    Options
    caliking said:
    That makes me sad. My lunch was a cheese sandwich. 

BTW, thought I would let you know that I mixed up a batch of coffee rub after multiple adult beverages some time ago. Screwed up the recipe somehow. For instance, woke up to find that I had run out of pepper because I added too much because I read the recipe wrong because sometimes I don't see so well after many libations. 

Despite all that, the rub still tastes good though! Great on steaks and brisket, but not as universal as the correct recipe for the coffee rub. 

Bet you are not allowed to change the little one after many libations =))