Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Lower vent question

Anyone know what the best adhesive is to use to reseal the lower vent? It looks like I might have a slight separation occurring on the top rail of my lower vent. Thanks in advance!
Houston, TX

Comments

• probe1957probe1957 Posts: 208
    Do you see smoke coming out of it when you shut the grill down?  If not, I wouldn't worry about it.  If you do, I would take it apart and try to figure out what is going on...bent a little or something?  I would think some high temp silicone would work if it is necessary.
  • DaveRichardsonDaveRichardson Posts: 355

Yep, high temp silicone!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014, Multitude of old gassers and smokers, and a kitchen that I hope NEVER to cook in again!

Stockbridge, GA

• OrthobearOrthobear Posts: 82
    Thanks guys! I don't see a ton of smoke but it looks like whatever adhesive was originally used is starting to separate and might be a source of extra air flow. I've had some trouble regulating temp on my last two cooks with my digiQ and thought this opening might be the culprit. I ordered some permatex ultra copper adhesive for my new Rutland gasket, think this would work there too?
    Houston, TX