Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lower vent question

Anyone know what the best adhesive is to use to reseal the lower vent? It looks like I might have a slight separation occurring on the top rail of my lower vent. Thanks in advance!
Houston, TX
·

Comments

• probe1957probe1957 Posts: 209
    Do you see smoke coming out of it when you shut the grill down?  If not, I wouldn't worry about it.  If you do, I would take it apart and try to figure out what is going on...bent a little or something?  I would think some high temp silicone would work if it is necessary.
    ·
  • Yep, high temp silicone!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are still in our right minds!

·
  • OrthobearOrthobear Posts: 84
    Thanks guys! I don't see a ton of smoke but it looks like whatever adhesive was originally used is starting to separate and might be a source of extra air flow. I've had some trouble regulating temp on my last two cooks with my digiQ and thought this opening might be the culprit. I ordered some permatex ultra copper adhesive for my new Rutland gasket, think this would work there too?
    Houston, TX
    ·