Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lower vent question

Options
Anyone know what the best adhesive is to use to reseal the lower vent? It looks like I might have a slight separation occurring on the top rail of my lower vent. Thanks in advance!
Houston, TX

Comments

• probe1957
    probe1957 Posts: 222
    Options
    Do you see smoke coming out of it when you shut the grill down?  If not, I wouldn't worry about it.  If you do, I would take it apart and try to figure out what is going on...bent a little or something?  I would think some high temp silicone would work if it is necessary.
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options

Yep, high temp silicone!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Orthobear
    Orthobear Posts: 84
    Options
    Thanks guys! I don't see a ton of smoke but it looks like whatever adhesive was originally used is starting to separate and might be a source of extra air flow. I've had some trouble regulating temp on my last two cooks with my digiQ and thought this opening might be the culprit. I ordered some permatex ultra copper adhesive for my new Rutland gasket, think this would work there too?
    Houston, TX