Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The EGGs were BUSY!

Options
The Eggs were busy this weekend! 

Friday night: Cedar planked sockeye salmon

Saturday morning: Grilled avocados with a poached egg inside

Saturday night: Pizza night

Sunday evening: Beef short ribs

imageimageimageimage

Comments

• GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    Dayum those eggs look awesome!! That's on the short list for sure!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Looks pretty damn good.  Nice job!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    What is up with the artifacts on your photos? Is that the result of a post processing app you used on your iPhone.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    cazzy said:
    What is up with the artifacts on your photos? Is that the result of a post processing app you used on your iPhone.
    I've got dust all inside of my camera lens! I don't know how to get it out. I've tried everything. I'm switching to the Samsung Galaxy S5, when I'm due for an upgrade, bc of the IP67 dust proof rating. UGH...
  • nick_banich
    nick_banich Posts: 110
    Options
    @big_green_craig can you tell me more those avocados? 
    -Large BGE since 6-13
    -Indianapolis, IN

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    cazzy said:
    I've got dust all inside of my camera lens! I don't know how to get it out. I've tried everything. I'm switching to the Samsung Galaxy S5, when I'm due for an upgrade, bc of the IP67 dust proof rating. UGH...
    Get a camera instead of using a potato for pics. 
  • Ktim
    Ktim Posts: 364
    Options
    Tell us more about the avocados are the just sliced in half or slices with holes in them?
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Everything looks great! I just have to ask, did you fire the egg up just to cook 2 eggs in avacodos? If so, bravo!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    DMW said:
    Everything looks great! I just have to ask, did you fire the egg up just to cook 2 eggs in avacodos? If so, bravo!
    Of course!!! 
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Ktim said:
    Tell us more about the avocados are the just sliced in half or slices with holes in them?
    I sliced the avocado in half, removed the pit and left it in the skin. I used a spoon to scoop out a little of the avocado to make room for the egg. I brushed the avocado with a little canola oil and seasoned with S&P. My Egg was set up at 500F direct. I grilled the avocado meat side down just until I got some grill marks. Then flipped and added the Eggs and seasoned w S&P. I kind of had to prop them up together so that they didnt roll over and lose the egg. I grilled until the whites were opaque. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Nice, but all of that just shows you are an Egg or two short.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options
    Awesome job - loved it!!!

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts