Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Everyone should have one of these.

td66snrf
td66snrf Posts: 1,821

This is a tool that every BBQ'er should have. This tool scrapes the bone dust off any cut of meat that has gone through a band saw. It keeps the bone grit out of your dinner. A definite must if your going to do flanken ribs. A very inexpensive item that I consider a must. Here's an Amazon link http://www.amazon.com/Dexter-Russell-199S-Traditional-Scraper/dp/B009T6OG6K/ref=sr_sp-btf_title_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1403487830&sr=8-7&keywords=meat+scraper  but you may be able to find them cheaper elsewhere. I bought mine at a local restaurant supply store and they make great gifts. There are more expensive ones made out of stainless and aluminum but these nylon ones work just fine. 

imageimage
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Interesting. I typically just rinse under running water and "scrub" with my hands.
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    Interesting. I typically just rinse under running water and "scrub" with my hands.
    Eggcelsior    I worked in a butcher shop as a kid and this was a standard tool on the butchers side as they cut. As they put the meat in the display case the presentation side always got a good scraping with this type of tool. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • grEGGorys
    grEGGorys Posts: 168
    I have also worked cutting meat for over ten years and have done a lot of scrapping with this tool. As Eggcelsior said the meat needed to be scrapped good of bone fragments to look good in th case. If you eat a lot of T-Bones this would come on handy.
    Gulf Coast FL