Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Brisket $3.59lb

At restaurant Depot in Oakland CA prime brisket is $3.59lb

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Dang, my niece flew into Oakland Sat night. If I had know I would have headed there first and picked her up instead of having her mom pick her up.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Thanks for the heads up John! I've never seen Prime briskets there before but will check that out for sure.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Same here in Richardson tX
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Costco here has a similar price. Was $2.69/lb in March!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Hotch
    Wow my Costco won't carry prime brisket
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • thailandjohn
    thailandjohn Posts: 952
    At restaurant depot if you don't see it in the case, ask the men working there
  • R2Egg2Q
    Thanks for the post John. I picked up 3 prime packers today but the price has been raised in the couple of days since you were there(paid $4.10/lb today). I'm still good with that. Thx!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • erniemcclain
    erniemcclain Posts: 505
    Not for long I don't think.  Some friends in the cattle industry were talking about some 425 pound yearlings in Idaho that sold for $3.01 per pound and were heading to Iowa.  Now with $4 per gallon diesel, you need to add on almost $4 per mile shipping.  Beef prices are going nuts.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    It's 7.99 here for CAB. Crazy.
    Boom
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    edited June 2014
    how can I go to there?
  • BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673

Was quoted $6.99 for Canada AA on Saturday - was $98 for the hunk they offered.  I passed since I haven't nailed a brisket yet and I didn't want to ruin $100.

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• R2Egg2Q
    edited June 2014
    BYS1981 said:
    how can I go to there?

They're a wholesaler so you can't shop there unless you get a free membership by showing a business license or tax exempt certificate (for a non-profit org). Another way you can get in is to join the Kansas City Barbeque Society (KCBS - $35/yr) and you can free day passes to get in (http://www.kcbs.us/member_login.php?m=1&source=discount_program.php).

Bay Area, CA
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    @thailandjohn‌ ya gotta love shopping at R.D. that's an excellent price! I stocked up last time I was in there and had a Hellava time fitting it all into my deep freezer (but, we got it all to fit somehow). :-).
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    At my local Costco. Rib eye was cheaper than brisket
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    My Costco sells only choice flats foe $6 a pound. The one 10 miles further sells packers for like $3 something a pound. My issues is the packers at Costco were excel choice and the packers at the local WalMart are excel choice but cheaper than Costco. If they are both excel brand choice could Costco get better choice cuts or is it probably the same?
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    @Lit I would think Excel Choice is Excel Choice no matter where you get it. My Walmart used to have Excel Choice, then no brisket at all, now they have Excel Select for the same price or more than Choice used to be.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    @hotch Richardson Costco carries prime brisket?? Or did I miss understand as I thought Plano had the Costco?
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • Hotch

@Angus1978 The Costco on Eldorado only has choice brisket, so far. I asked the Meat manager and he stated he would never have prime brisket. Seems each can chose what they carry.

I did mention that the restaurant depot in Richardson has both Prime and Choice Brisket, also Angus Brisket. Last week I looked and Prime and Angus were both around 3.69 lb.

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Hotch said:

@Angus1978 The Costco on Eldorado only has choice brisket, so far. I asked the Meat manager and he stated he would never have prime brisket. Seems each can chose what they carry.

I did mention that the restaurant depot in Richardson has both Prime and Choice Brisket, also Angus Brisket. Last week I looked and Prime and Angus were both around 3.69 lb.

Note the small print and that price is only good if you buy 56lbs.  It appears that the "real" price is 3.98/lb.  Still, not terrible for prime.
    NOLA
  • Hotch
    Oops, your mileage may very. @-)
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX