Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How much should a used XL be worth?

Options
hey guys……i know a guy that is possibly interested in purchasing one of my XL's.  i currently have two and honestly thought i would use one of them more often than i really have…….so i could part with it for the right price.

the unit is approximately 1 year old and comes with a nest and a plate setter.

any good thoughts on a price range?  or what would you guys consider a fair price?
gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!

Comments

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    500.00 heck you know the guy. Depending where you live I would give you 650.00 for it
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • JEC23
    JEC23 Posts: 131
    Options
    50 to 75% of local price for a new one
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    Much of it depends on locale, but I'd say $500-$600.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I see everyone quote low prices, but here in Utah that doesn't happen. Egg sales are infrequent, and usually the egghead selling it knows that, and prices accordingly. I bought my xl for $600 used with a nest, but I took a road trip up north to Yellowstone to pick it up. Gas was about $100, I didn't calculate wear and tear on my car. I felt it was worth it. If it's a friend, I would probably say 75% of the cost of new. I guess depending on the friend, I might even give it to them for free.
  • msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    Options
    he's not that good of a friend!!!!  LOL.  i'm not even sure if i am for sure going to sell it……even though i won't be using it as much as my main egg.  one of the other issues i've had is that it is just so difficult to transport when trying to get somewhere with it.  but regardless, if i do sell then i don't plan on letting it go for less than 75% of what I have invested in it.  i don't need to sell it bad enough to take too much of a hit on it.
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Personally I would keep it I will be willing to bet that some day you will need both and regret the sale. Imo
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa