Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fresh ground sausage and onion patties on the egg

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
Just some simple fresh ground pork and onion patties for breakfast. Sorry for no plated pics but I ate them by hand as they came off of the grate.

imageimageimageimageimageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Those look great!

When do you finally get to go to bed?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    @TexanOfTheNorth‌
    Brother I honestly don't sleep but about 4 hours in a 24 hour period. I'm going to monitor the stuffed shoulder that I'm cooking until about 2:00pm then I will lay down for a couple of hours. Going to wait until I drop the smoker temp to 180 so my wife don't have to monitor it.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    20+ years and 20 hour days... no wonder you've got such a wealth of knowledge, experience and know-how. As others have said elsewhere, glad you found your way here to be able to share it with the rest of us!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    @TexanOfTheNorth‌
    You are to kind my friend. I thank you for the compliment and your kind words.

Status- Standing by.

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    Those pork patties look fantastic my friend. Along with a couple of eggs, some refried beans and a tortilla would hold me over till dinner.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• SGH
    Options
    @berndcrisp‌
    Thank you for the kind words my friend. I did eat all 4 of them myself!

Status- Standing by.

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Looks like a great idea my friend. I'll have to try myself some day...
  • SGH
    Options
    @anzyegg‌
    They turn out pretty good if you like onion. Just run some green onion stem and all thru your course plate with some pork and there you go! Give them a try my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    I love onion. The only thing I like more is garlic. I guess that's because I'm Italian. Which is why pizza is also on top of my list.
  • SGH
    Options
    @anzyegg‌
    Brother you can hit them with garlic as well. Won't hurt a thing my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    You're my hero @SGH
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SGH
    Options
    @tarheelmatt‌
    I appreciate the compliment my friend but I assure that I'm no here. Glad that you enjoyed and thanks again my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @SGH‌ do you sleep with your egg? You're killing it my friend! Looks great! :-bd
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    I don't actually sleep with it but I have considered it my friend.As always I thank you for the kind words. ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    It was pointed out to me that I give to much advice and didn't post any cooks. Now that I'm off of work for a bit I'm trying to make up for the times I could not post cooks due to my work location and schedule. I missed posting a cook today due to a friend being in the hospital but tomorrow I will be wide open again.

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Hope your friend is alright and a speedy recovery.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Nice cook my friend!  I like the idea of running an onion through the grinder with the fresh ground pork . . . what cut of pork did you grind for the patty?
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    DAMN YOU MAN. I wanted plated picks!
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SGH
    Options
    @NDG‌
    Thanks for the compliment my friend. That is a three way mix of head meat, hock, and back meat.

@Mickey‌
    Sorry brother. I was starving!

Status- Standing by.

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    wait one minute . . . . so you had "head meat" and onions for breakfast? 

I had a freaking granola bar.  
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • SGH
    Options
    @NDG‌
    I got to ask. Did you egg that granola bar my friend or eat it raw? ;)

Status- Standing by.

• PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    @SGH First, your posts always put a smile on my face (literally) - thank you for that. :) Second, you mentioned you were off work for a bit. You do all this and work, too? Seriously? I think I'm going to have to ask for a copy of your birth certificate, young man, just to keep you honest. ;) Finally, you just made me hungry. I guess I know what's for breakfast. ^:)^
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • SGH
    Options
    @PNWFoodie‌
    As always I thank you for the kind words my friend. I sure wish that I was a "young man" again. I use to be heck on wheels. Now the wheels have wore completely off!

Status- Standing by.