Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

AR R&B oval Combo

Options
I was headed through Denton the other day and just couldn't resist. Picked up the RB oval combo plus the extender/D-grid set up. Tom treated me right and it's amazing how the website just makes more sense now, after the purchase. Ya just got to play with the darn thing to understand the possibilities.
Dave - Austin, TX

Comments

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    It's a really handy accessory. You won't realize the full potential for dozens of cooks. Enjoy it.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Tackman
    Tackman Posts: 230
    Options
    No regrets here. It rarely leaves the egg.
    Cleveland, Ohio
  • Randy1
    Randy1 Posts: 379
    Options
    It was hard to get past the price.... but, it is a great accessory and it only has to be paid for one time. Cooking on two levels ensures that you rarely have to cook in "two flights".
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    What set-up do you have Randy?

Little Rock, AR

• mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Mine is at the Post Office Annex waiting to be picked up sometime today, hopefully.  I picked up the delivery notice in the mailbox yesterday after work.  I went with the AR RB oval combo setup, too, with extender and additional stainless steel grate.  I also got the foil ring for the oval ceramic--not sure that was needed, but oh well.  I'm anxious to try it all out. 
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    I think next time I'm up there, I'll pick up an extra oval grate. I like the sliding feature and doing that with 4 racks of ribs wood be cool, but I rarely make that many at one time. I got the foil ring also, and it's catching meat loaf drippings as I write this.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Randy1
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌ I have the RandB with the extender, sliding D grid, two oval Grids and of course a slide guide for the second oval grid. With the two oval grids what I like the most is you can switch the bottom to the top and vise versa for even cooking on ribs,wings etc.
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I would love to see that set-up. Im ready to pull the trigger but cant decide between the R&B or the customer combo.

Little Rock, AR

• mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    I think next time I'm up there, I'll pick up an extra oval grate. I like the sliding feature and doing that with 4 racks of ribs wood be cool, but I rarely make that many at one time. I got the foil ring also, and it's catching meat loaf drippings as I write this.
    Cool.  Nice to know you're putting the foil ring to good use.
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• Randy1
    edited June 2014
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌ here you go. First with two oval grids that interchange and the second is with oval grid bottom and D rack ( top rack is on rig extender in both). Oh, I also have the foil ring for drip pan or for adding liquid to a cook. .imageimage
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Is there enough room to cook butts on top and bottom rack if you wanted to do that?

Little Rock, AR

• Randy1
    Options
    I think so. I haven't done it. The bottom grid is on its highest setting, so it can go down one more. I know what you mean it is terribly confusing. I understood it only after I got it and set it up.
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Do know or can you explain the difference in what you have vs the customer combo? Does yours have the spider so u can sear down low?

Little Rock, AR

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Sorry for the questions.

Little Rock, AR

• Randy1
    Options
    It's ok. I have a spider that I bought separately. It is not built in though. I would not change a thing about my order except I would have just left off the D grid and got an extra oval grid. I think the oval grid will do what I needed to do without the Sliding D grid.(I ordered the 2nd oval grid after my initial order)
    Maumelle, Arkansas