Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Spring Chicken Made Me Do It

After seeing Leroy's salmon, I had to do mine tonight. This is a 6lb whole fresh wild salmon from Costco $7.98lb Seasoned inside with lemon pepper and sliced lemons, grilled direct both sides a few minutes then moved away from coals, added Alder chips to the Mesquite lump and smoked about 20 minutes.........moist and delicious
image.jpg 662.1K
image.jpg 985K
image.jpg 1.4M
·

Comments

• NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 11,192
    Looks delicious John! When you do Salmon do you trim out the blood line? I've found it to be tastier with it removed.
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • thailandjohnthailandjohn Posts: 952
    I don't trim out but I do wash the inside and run my thumb up the inside bone
    ·
  • stemc33stemc33 Posts: 3,023
    +1 with using the thumb.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,343
    That makes me miss the bay area.  Wonderful cook.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    Super cook. That Mr Chicken makes us all do things ^:)^
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Nice fish John - did you go fishing in SC's freezer?

Up early Mickaroo
    :-h
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
    aka Frank from Houma eggin in Corpus Christi
    Geaux Tigers - Who Dat
    ·