Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lizzard

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
How would you cook this?
They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Not sure... I will wait for some of the more seasoned heads to chime in first..
    :-\" :-O
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    Looks like you'll only be able to make some lizard stock out of that guy.
    Dunedin, FL
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    Mix it with gizzards.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Several bourbons...

And then dip in some hot sauce and down the hatch, better if it's someone else's hatch
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    He looks a little burned out.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    A little between the cheek and gums.
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • xiphoid007
    xiphoid007 Posts: 536
    Options
    @mickey would probably go turbo, but I'd be more a fan of low and slow. Really render off all that fat. . .
    Pittsburgh, PA - 1 LBGE
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I wouldn't! I would love him and squeeze him and call him George. We would be best friends!
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options
    Fatten him up a little before leading off to the slaughter house.  Then definitely turbo - 1:40, no peaking, sauce and serve.
    Santa Paula, CA
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Fried baby! Taste like chicken.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Already done ain't he? Lizard jerky
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    He looks like he was cooked by 208/240V 3PH. He went toward the light with some speed. Crispy critter. Crunchy. :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Roast the bones and make a lizard demi-glace
    Options
    I have tried some pretty different cooks in my time. But that being said I would graciously pass on the lizard my friend. Lizard is beyond my skill level and taste tolerance!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I hear they taste like frog legs.
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    If they taste anything like frog legs there is fixing to be a shortage of lizards in Saucier MS my friend!

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @SGH - if you don't already, get a few cats.  They catch lizards all day and they've very proud to being them to you as offerings. 
    Options
    I'm not sure on the story of this one. Must have died in the sun as it was completely dried as if preserved intentionally. The stock idea sounds possible... :-?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @DMW‌
    Let me know how it turns out my friend!

Status- Standing by.

• HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    I found a lizard, crawled out of a wall,
    He was so wizened, no lizard at all.
    I asked the forum how to cook on the egg,
    At 350 dome, held there with a peg.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @SGH I can assure you the chance of me actually doing anything with that carcass aside from tossing it over the fence is 0%. :)
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SGH
    Options
    @DMW‌
    Come on man you got to try it if for nothing else bragging rights!!

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    FYI: Iguana meat is a popular protein in Mexico and Central America. 
    Options
    @nolaegghead I'd try that. Hmm maybe I can catch one of the live geckos running around here...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• PNWFoodie
    edited June 2014
    Options
    @SGH hijack - so frog legs are good? Other than "tastes like chicken", anything else you can add? I can get them around here if they are worth it.
    Sandy
  • SGH
    Options
    @PNWFoodie‌
    Frog legs are excellent battered and deep fried. I recommend a 4 hour soak in whole milk then batter and deep fry at 400 degrees. They are outstanding to say the least. I can PM you my actual recipe if you are interested.

Status- Standing by.

• PNWFoodie
    Options
    @SGH I would be honored, my friend. :)
    Sandy
  • SGH
    Options
    @PNWFoodie‌
    Well get ready it's fixing to be coming to you. Hope you enjoy it my friend.

Status- Standing by.