Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Do Yourself a Favor....

Options
And give @Mickey 's coffee rub a try! 

Finally got around to cooking some butterflied chicken breasts last night with Mickey's coffee rub. SWMBO took one bite and said she really enjoyed the flavor. Not really any heat (can be adjusted I'm sure, if that's what you like) and no coffee taste. Can't wait to try this on some steaks or a brisket. 

Thanks to @henapple for posting the ingredients for the rub here. I was able to find ALL of the ingredients at my local Kroger. Here are a few pics to further convince you...thanks for looking!

Prepped:

On the grill...400 degrees raised/direct until IT hit 165:

Plated:
Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
Cumming, GA  

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    That looks fantastic.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Looks great. I just gave it a try also. Love it.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Thanks @JRWhitee and @tulocay

Nothing better than leftovers for lunch too!
    Cumming, GA  

• ChrisgrillsSTLMO
    Options
    fence0407 said:

Thanks to @henapple for posting the ingredients for the rub here. I was able to find ALL of the ingredients at my local Kroger. Here are a few pics to further convince you...thanks for looking!

Nice cook, can I ask what the /where you got the green bean cooker in picture #2? Looks like something I would use a lot. Thanks in advance,

Chris
    Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    Another one to go onto my "cook this soon" list.  it is growing faster than I can cook things off of it.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    fence0407 said:

Nice cook, can I ask what the /where you got the green bean cooker in picture #2? Looks like something I would use a lot. Thanks in advance,

Chris
    I'll have to look at the brand when I get home. I'm pretty sure I got it at Kohls or Belk. I think it's just a small skillet - works great for veggies though.
    Cumming, GA  

• mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Looks great!  The only very minor question / detail item that comes to my mind is whether the darkness of the roast makes a difference.  Expresso, while being a very fine grind as others have pointed out, is also typically a darker roast.  I roast my own coffee and prefer the lighter roasts.    I think I'll just go ahead and try it with one of my lighter roasts because I don't particularly want to roast specifically for this rub unless I really need to.  I read in another post that it's probably not a big concern using whatever roast I have on hand, but wonder if others have used a lighter roast in this recipe?  Incidentally, the same person indicated that the same could not be said of the Chile, meaning that the Ancho Chile does make a difference as compared to when using other varieties of chile peppers.
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore