Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Texans cook pork, too

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200

Or at least I do. Sometimes.

This weekend we had a small gathering of friends and family as a combo celebration of Father's Day, my birthday and Mrs. G's birthday. Since we were going to do it at my parents' house so we could swim, I decided to do pulled pork as it holds so well with the FTC method. And it's cheap. And I recently depleted my stock of it in the freezer.

Got the Egg all ready to go Friday night with hickory and orange wood for smoke.

When letting the dogs out for the final time and doing a quick spot check on the pig, I saw that we had an uninvited spectator. Not a 'coon like @nolaegghead but one of them nasty possums. :( You can see his beady lil eyes right above my vigilant clueless dog.

Got up Saturday morning, Egg was 1 degree off. I can't believe it. Stupid pit controllers just don't work worth a darn. :))

Took it off at the appropriate time, FTCed it and headed over my parents house. Where it sat. And Sat. And sat for another few hours till we finally pulled it.

No pictures of the final plated up product as I was hungry and had consumed a beverage or three and just didn't think about it. Great time was had by all and everybody ate their fill and I walked home with a whole butt that hadn't even been touched. Win win situation in my book.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments