Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Father's Day - who's doin' the cookin'?

Options
Cymbaline65
Cymbaline65 Posts: 800
edited June 2014 in EggHead Forum
Been a brutal week here in NJ - ready for FD weekend back in GA! 

As the <majority> of folks in this forum are men, I'm going to take an educated guess and say that most of us will also do the FD dinner. 

SWMBO is handling a lot of my outside chores so I'll have more time to play with fire. Therefore, I'm going to try another Chicken Ballotine. This time, I plan to use spinach, prosciutto, mozzarella and parmesan cheese..maybe some olives.

So, that being said, who's doing the cooking and what are you doing? 
In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Well for me it is all about watching the golf..That being said I plan to get some Killer Rib eyes for Saturday evening, and then plan on a low and slow Butt for Sunday with a little apple and cherry smoke..All the sides will be decided today..But it's going to be a great weekend..Everyone enjoy..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I have 6 racks of Baby Backs to cook and will season them Saturday night and have them ready to cook, since I am golfing at 7:20 am I will start the egg before I leave and let it settle in with the Adjustable rig in place. My 19 yo daughter will put the ribs on at 10:00 and make sure the temp is holding at 250-275. She is well trained as I always have her adjusting the temp if needed on long cooks when I am running errands or not home during a cook. Pool party at our friends after golf, with everyone else bringing sides. Should be a fun day.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Gash silly question here. I want GOOD food for Father's Day so I'm cooking :D
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    I want ribs. My wife would buy frozen ribs. Guess who's cooking?!
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    MDSH wants good food for FD so I'm cooking! Escargot, stuffed shrimp, steak fillets and French fries all per his requests. Hope all you fathers have a great day and enjoy your blessings! ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Cymbaline65
    Cymbaline65 Posts: 800
    Options
    GrannyX4 said:
    MDSH wants good food for FD so I'm cooking! Escargot, stuffed shrimp, steak fillets and French fries all per his requests. Hope all you fathers have a great day and enjoy your blessings! ;;)
    Wow, GrannyX4. That's quite a menu. Are the grandkids dining too?
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Not only did MDSH and SIL request the menu but so did the 2 Grands. They gobbled up the snails.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • geoff7877
    geoff7877 Posts: 35
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Had the in laws and sister in law over along my wife and son and I was too busy to take a single picture! I started by getting a margarita in everyone's hand (except the boy ;) )made with fresh squeezed lime, then threw some skewered hot italian sausage on the weber along with some biased cut baguette toasted for bruschetta immediately followed by some BBQed drakes bay oysters. While all this was going on, I had the egg building temp for pizza. Pesto and mozzarella, margarita pizza and one more with tomato sauce, mozzarella and dry coppa. Salad on the side and we finished off with my sister in laws' angel food cake cupcakes with key lime frosting. Everything was amazing. Weather was a perfect 85 degrees with a slight cool breeze. I want to do it again today! Hope everyone else had as great of a day as I did.
    Petaluma, CA
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    For brunch, I did some thick cut bacon on the gasser just to keep the splatter and smell out of the kitchen, while the wife made Belgian waffles and fresh fruit.

Made some good NY strips for dinner.  Lightly seasoned with chipotle pepper, garlic, and salt could on the cast iron grid.

It was a good day to be outside working the grill.  Not many low humidity low 80s days during a Washington summer. 
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • tyenic1
    tyenic1 Posts: 150
    Options
    Threw a brisket on at 5:00am, we ate at 5:00pm. Not my best effort, but everyone thought it was great.