Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fideuà

Options
Fideuà or Pasta Paella -Been meaning to do this for a while. Looked at 4-5 recipes and couldn't get eggcited about any of them so went in a traditional paella direction with the exception of putting the sofrito on the side and browning the pasta then moving forward.

Used this stuff plus some frozen peas - stock made with shrimp peels and crab shells back left

The sofrito - A little EVOO and cooked at 350 dome until all liquid was gone (dome open bottom vent closed)
1 can can diced tomatoes
1 tomato
3 cloves garlic crushed
1/4 cup diced red bell
1/2 onion chopped

Sofrito on the side while browning the pasta

Two cups seafood stock steeped with roasted safron, sofrito, pasta, shrimp, and crab in the pool

Everybody in the pool

Garnished and ready to serve

Unintentionally developed a pasta socarrat (crunchy pasta on the bottom)

The socarrat is mightyfine - will make sure there is some in future cooks

My first wife, bride, judge, critic, CFO, and traveling companion of 40 years and 364 days said "This is real tasty and you can do this again"
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
aka Frank from Houma eggin in Corpus Christi
Geaux Tigers - Who Dat

Comments

• nealcr1
    nealcr1 Posts: 198
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Looks awesome....and Happy Anniversary
    Mini Max, Medium BGE, Large BGE, Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman, Digi Q II, Woo 2, AR with Oval setup
  • DominicMagestic
    Options
    Thanks Neal - sleeping with the same woman 41 years. :)
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
    aka Frank from Houma eggin in Corpus Christi
    Geaux Tigers - Who Dat