Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mushrooms Corn and Ribeyes

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
Had to keep it simple today. Hey it's better than nothing.
Will post pics as cook progresses.
imageimageimageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    Do you do anything special with those mushrooms or are they just plain mushrooms on a stick?
    NW IOWA
  • SGH
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I coat them with melted butter and baste them with butter while they cook. Also hit them with
    a dash of Tony Chacheries.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    @Philly35
    Nothing special. Just spice and butter.

imageimageimageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Corn is looking pretty good!

Status- Standing by.

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited June 2014
    Options
    No way I'd walk away from a meal like that!! Nice job @sgh. One question I do have is how are you keeping everything warm while waiting on the Ribeyes to cook?

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    Nice! I'd eat that up too!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
  • SGH
    Options
    @Mattman3969‌
    In a 150 degree oven my friend.
    Works like a charm.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Steak time. That happens to be my favorite time by the way.
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• Mattman3969
    Options
    Looks like a fun cook but I have to admit you are messin with with eyes. Some shots show 3 steaks and some show two. Must be a med lover and a med rare lover. Any looks fun buddy.

analyze adapt overcome

• SGH
    Options
    @Mattman3969‌
    Sadly there are a couple of well done folks in my crowd. Myself-Rare. Wife-Rare. Oldest Son-Medium Rare. Youngest Son-Medium Rare. Daughter-Extra Well Done. Grandchildren-Well Done. No family is perfect my friend. But I love them just the same.

Status- Standing by.

• Mattman3969
    Options
    Dude I knew there was a reason, just watchin and learning from a pro..

analyze adapt overcome

• SGH
    Options
    @Mattman3969‌
    Thanks for the kind words my friend but on the egg I'm no where near a pro. There are numerous folks here far better than me. But thank you just the same for the compliment my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• duck_hunter
    duck_hunter Posts: 185
    Options
    Looks like a great meal!

Going to try the mushrooms and corn this week 
    Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    The Rib-Eyes look great!  And they make me want to buy a cast iron gate.   I haven't had any issues with the stock stainless one...there's just something about those big wide CI grates!
    LBGE/Maryland
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    What temp did you do the shrooms at? 350ish?  Never done them on there own, usually on kabobs or in the stir fry pan with other veggies.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    You call it simple. I call it great! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Sometimes simple is good! Look's awesome.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Ktim
    Ktim Posts: 364
    Options
    WOW, that is my all time, grand champion, favorite meal of all time. And you cooked it perfect. The only thing I add are mashed potatoes. Thanks for sharing!  ^:)^
  • SGH
    Options
    @Ktim @RAC @johnkitchens‌ @KiterTodd‌ @duck_hunter‌ @saluki2007‌
    Thank you all for the kind words and compliments. I cook the mushrooms between 325-350 degrees because I like to baste them with melted butter during the cook. Any hotter and they turn to dark due to the butter. Again thank you all my friends.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Ktim‌
    I normally do baked or mashed potatoes as well with steak. I have really been under the weather the past several days and that's the only reason I didn't cook one of them. You can count on it next time!

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Circle of life meal.  Typically cows eat corn growing ribeye and mushrooms.  Why not make a meal of it?

Looks good! @SGH
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    Thank you brother. By my count I have now got 4 compliments from you. I must be doing something right finally! ;)

Status- Standing by.

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    All I can say is WOW!
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • SGH
    Options
    @minniemoh‌
    Thank you for the kind words my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• ericp
    ericp Posts: 152
    Options
    Wow. Thats all I got to say about that
  • SGH
    Options
    @ericp‌
    Thank you for the kind words my friend.

Status- Standing by.