Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

STUFFED chicken -- pizza style

Options
So, I hopped aboard the Jacques Pepin express and deboned a chicken and stuffed it following the youtube video sensation.

It was more time consuming than I thought it would be and I would say I am an above average home cook.  Amateur even!  Regardless, it was still delicious. I deboned it, seasoned it, stuffed it with pepperoni, basil, mozzarella and provolone cheese, and tied it up.  A bit of pecan for the smoke and voila!

Louisianian by birth, Louisianian by death. Austinite for now...

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Very interesting cook welcome aboard, and if this is what you bring to the forum I can't wait to see future cooks.
    apinion Posts: 470
    Options
    2 years egging and long time lurker.  Have been mostly on the other forum, but a recent job change gave me more time at a desk.....so more time to post!
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    I have that video saved. I don't de-bone enough chickens to remember all the steps. My wife is much better at the de-boning. Once done, the options are limitless.
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • apinion
    Options
    Practice makes perfect as always. The ease of the end result was excellent.
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    apinion said:
    Practice makes perfect as always. The ease of the end result was excellent.
    I love the de-boned chickens. I just get stuck at the thigh-leg part....every single time!
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • apinion
    Options
    Its a bit tricky.  Scrape that bone!
  • duck_hunter
    duck_hunter Posts: 185
    Options
    now I'm gonna have to try and debone a chicken, thanks, I think,

Temp and time? 

Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 
  • apinion
    Options
    If I recall I did 400 indirect for an hour. Had to do it slit end up so the goodies didn't fall out (cheese).