Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Father's Day presents

Options
Just got my Thermapen (backlight model) and I am stoked. The wife really came through. I am not egging today because we have a big family event at the inlaws - which is always a great time. But I am already thinking if what to cook later this week to try this baby out!

Did anyone else get something good?
LBGE; Adjustable Rig
Delaware County, PA

Comments

• FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    I bought myself a smokeware cap, Hi-que grate, and a CI Woo2.

Wife/kids got me some new tap handles for my kegerator. ;)

I haven't seen a backlit model, looks nice!
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    The Family came through with Foodsaver and Mortar and Pestle. And friends by chance sent a cuisinart hand blender. Big score.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • r8rs4lf
    r8rs4lf Posts: 317
    Options
    So far got a $25 iTunes card and Smokeware caps for both my M and XLBGE. Those are of course secondary to this! image
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    I got 2 cards.  My wife never got around to ordering the Amazon Link I sent her, and as her mom just passed away last week, her mind is now in a different place and I don't expect I will get anything this year, but that's OK.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• jllbms
    jllbms Posts: 381
    Options
    Smokeware cap and light and infrared temp sensor for pizza stone. Yes, I bought them.
    Kemah, TX
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    My wife picked up this sign to hand somewhere on our patio cover. It will join the Merle Haggard and Red Rocker street signs.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • Cymbaline65
    Cymbaline65 Posts: 800
    Options
    Three beautiful cards from my wife and girls. All I needed.
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • CarolinaCrazy
    Options
    New TaylorMade R1 Driver! 

Now my golf game will smoke too!

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    I wish that a new driver is all it took to get my game smokin'!!

Looks like you are a Tarheel... Have you had a chance to get out here and golf the courses at Bandon Dunes?
    If not, make sure to put that on your bucket list... its an incredible experience. Its not like any courses I have played elsewhere.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • JenniferEgger
    Options
    Bought the Hubby a plate setter...

LGE in da house.

Bucks County,  PA

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I got a wonderful card, a couple tshirts, a big fan for the porch, and a two-burner fish cooker. My wife and boys outdid themselves.

Happy Fathers day to everybody.

Little Rock, AR

• Willieb9000
    Options
    r8rs4lf said:

Loved this! They hung it where you'd be sure to see it!
    LBGE; Adjustable Rig
    Delaware County, PA
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    All look good... My little girl made me an awesome card, and my wife got me a great card and a $50 gift card as well.... Being able to go shopping and cook what I want is priceless. Of course, I've be doing that every week since we got married :))
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Wilma bought me a very nice card, but she didn't read it all the way through.  Inside near the end of the sentiment, it says "happy birthday".  That got some laughs!
    Flint, Michigan
  • marysvilleegger
    Options
    Got the charcuterie book by Ruhlman and a srf brisket!!!! (To be delivered in a couple weeks when I got time to egg it). Can't wait an I'm sure I will be asking the experts for advice :) Happy Fathers Day to all.
  • 0EggMan0
    0EggMan0 Posts: 17
    Options
    Everything I got was for my BGE. Received a beer can holder, maple wood planks, and a LED light that attaches to the handle, non of which I have ever asked for. Very thoughtful gifts!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Ahhhhhhhh!image
    Flint, Michigan
  • CarolinaCrazy
    Options
    mcmac said:
    I wish that a new driver is all it took to get my game smokin'!!

Looks like you are a Tarheel... Have you had a chance to get out here and golf the courses at Bandon Dunes?
    If not, make sure to put that on your bucket list... its an incredible experience. Its not like any courses I have played elsewhere.
    @mcmac I'm not sure the driver will help, but I'll hope!

I'll put Bandon Dunes on the list for my West Coast tour. Looks beautiful.

Watching the US Open at Pinehurst right now - just 70 miles down the road - I can't complain about the courses we have here in the Tarheel state. I haven't played Pinehurst #2,but I have played, #s 1, 6, 7 & 8. Beautiful spot.

Happy Father's Day!

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options

Got a nice handmade card from my daughter and a Big Green Egg hat from the wife.

Very happy. This goes well with the BGE apron that I always wear when eggin.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Thank you for this thread.  It kept me from starting one called "I got a big woody for Fathers Day"  Don't blame me, I didn't name it, but I was amazed how well it worked cleaning the grid.  Just as advertised.  Not sure how long it will last but for now I'm impressed.
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Yes really the best gift was the homemade cards from my girls. Good to know they still care at 12 and 13.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options

Picked ap a swing rack from Ceramic Grill Works for my Dad. Grilled all day on his LBGE!

Jim

LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • jllbms
    jllbms Posts: 381
    Options
    Telephone call from my grown daughter; she's well and content.
    Kemah, TX
  • 30yearegger
    Options
    I got a cabinet with a stainless steel top to go beside my LBGE to keep plate setter, grids , wood etc.
    Easley SC Go! Tigers
  • roblew
    roblew Posts: 78
    Options
    My daughter made it home safe from LA working on Skid Row for 8 days on a mission trip with Church. I am a blessed man!!! 
    Ringgold GA LBGE
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    All I ever needed!
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    All I ever needed!

Awesome!
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited June 2014
    Options
    My wife made me cook her a brisket and sides, I did 8 loads of laundry, and loaded the car for her.   :)

Moving sucks, even when you have packers and movers.  Getting rid of clutter is awesome though...even if it pains the frugal side of me.  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Best part of fathers day was that my kids and their friends spent the afternoon with us playing outside and just being boys. It doesnt get better.

Little Rock, AR

• Willieb9000
    Options
    Best part of fathers day was that my kids and their friends spent the afternoon with us playing outside and just being boys. It doesnt get better.

Which was it? Playin in the sprinkler or water guns?
    LBGE; Adjustable Rig
    Delaware County, PA