Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Minimum butt resting time

I am a bit pressed for time. I got my butt up to 201 and in the cooler for FTC. I only have thirty minutes before dinner as planned. I am wondering if half an hour is long enough rest for pulling. All of my research says an hour for the method. Any thoughts? Should I find some snacks to extend for thirty more minutes?

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Go ahead and pull and serve. Did not even need to go in the cooler. 30 minutes resting on the counter would be fine.
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    I have done thirty minutes before and it was fine! If you have extra juice just pour it over the top..... Just pull and serve immediately. Most people wont notice if it dried out anyways.... ENJOY!
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Pull it!!! No rest needed on butts. Enjoy your meal.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Beaumonty
    Beaumonty Posts: 198
    I let it rest about thirty. It did not affect pulling at all. Went smoothly and was enjoyed by all. Happy Father's Day!
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Minimum rest time is 0 minutes on a butt. You can pull right away. FTC is for timing convenience.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Beaumonty
    Beaumonty Posts: 198
    DMW said:

Minimum rest time is 0 minutes on a butt. You can pull right away. FTC is for timing convenience.

This seems exactly right. My most recent cooks have been briskest so I think I was over sensitive to resting.