Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Monster Spatula

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
My Fathers Day Gift from my DIL. She knows me pretty good!
For reference that's a 11 inch grid laying beside it.
imageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• Keefer
    Keefer Posts: 120
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Whoa!!! That things big enough for a butt!!!
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    I've got that one... My mom gave it to me for Christmas. It works great for pork butts and other large cuts...
  • SGH
    Options
    I'm actually going to use it. I had never saw one quite that big. I'm just tickled to death that they got for me!

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
  • SGH
    Options
    @anzyegg‌
    It really tickled me my friend. I love it!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    How about that! I love this thing.
    I feel like a kid at Christmas!!
    imageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    Maybe they bought it as a gag, but they are pretty dang handy.
    Gittin' there...
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Thats really strange. Another friend of mine sent a text this morning showing me his fathers day gift: I give you.......,,,,,,,,,,,,

Little Rock, AR

• GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    That thing is a peel not a spatula! Lol that's awesome!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • SGH
    Options
    @FearlessTheEggNoob‌
    I don't think it was for a gag. But if it was I enjoy it just the same my friend.
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    Ain't that something!

Status- Standing by.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Two different friends get a huge spatula. What did I miss?

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    Sounds like you missed out on being the third friend that got a huge spatula! If I'm still alive next year I will send you one my friend!!

Status- Standing by.

• CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
     Love it! (want one now)
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Haha. I may just have to go out and buy one so I'll fit in the club.

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    Brother you fit right in and we are all glad that you are here. Wouldn't be the same without you my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    I used my BGE pizza peel last night to turn a spatchcocked chicken. Makes perfect sense to me. :)
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • SGH
    Options
    @PNWFoodie‌
    Hey I love mine. Wish I would have got one years ago !

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited June 2014
    Options
    PNWFoodie said:

I used my BGE pizza peel last night to turn a spatchcocked chicken. Makes perfect sense to me. :)

Yep I have both the BGE wooden peel and metal peel. It works rather well for Spatched yard birds. And equally well as a redneck fly swatter
    :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • apinion
    apinion Posts: 470
    Options
    Does that thing have a sturdy handle? Trust it with a cooked brisket?
    Louisianian by birth, Louisianian by death. Austinite for now...
  • SGH
    Options
    @apinion‌
    Absolutely. It's like a miniature shovel.

Status- Standing by.

• apinion
    Options
    HHHHMMMM.....possible early birthday present to myself.
  • SGH
    Options
    @apinion‌
    I have only got to use it tonight so far but I honestly love it. I see it getting used often.

Status- Standing by.

• apinion
    Options
    Ya, seems like it could really take the place of the need for the heat gloves....I honestly love the idea.

Its like a baking sheet with a handle!
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    I'm really liking it!
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    I'm thinking it'll be fun to cook a whole fish on it!  Man-a-peel  :)
    canuckland
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    You better buy the XXL to go with that spatula.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SGH
    edited June 2014
    Options
    @stemc33‌
    I have really been considering getting a xxlarge. I like the shock affect it has. I would want to cook on one before actually purchasing it to be sure they got the height to width ratio right. If they didn't it could be a real pain to cook with. I'm sure they did but that's a lot of money to risk without a trial run. If a dealer will let me cook a couple loads on one I would buy it if it performed like my large. Short of that I would not until other people reviewed it. Also I would want to wait until the price came down a little. I feel the price will drop some when time goes by. I could be wrong about the price drop but time will tell.

Status- Standing by.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Is it a spatula or a pancake turner?  That's a hot debate at our house for the regular sized implements.  I'm in the spatula club, but Wilma insists it's a pancake turner.  Don't get me started on "pop" versus "soda"! 
    Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone‌
    I'm going with its a spatula. That's how I'm using it. I love it either way!

Status- Standing by.

• SmokyBear
    SmokyBear Posts: 389
    Options
    Nice CI grid!  Where'd you get that?
    Mini BGE, KJ Classic - Black, Cookshack SM025, Weber Gasser (mostly for Kamado storage!)