Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-For the Dads out there-better than your B'day?

Options
lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,378
Okay-I'm partial to this informal poll...I find much more enjoyment from today (6/15) than any "recognition of another lap of the Sun" from my two children.  What about the forum??
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    +1 Pops day
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Yeah... I kind of agree. Seems a better day for me for Fathers Day, than my birthday.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    +1
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    I'm just always thankful to live to see either one!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Agreed.  Adult birthdays have mostly lost their luster here.  We still make a big deal for the kids.  Even though I end up doing the cooking today, I get to cook what I want today.  Egg already fired up for some breakfast - bacon, eggs, French toast (I know it's easier to do breakfast in the kitchen, but I want to cook it on the Egg today).  Prime CAB filets for dinner., and maybe a spiral cut hot dog for lunch.  Happy Fathers Day.
    Holepuncher Posts: 388
    Options
    Yeah, everyone gets a birthday,But  I'm the only father around here.
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    Father's Day for sure! I'm cooking all day, sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast (inside cook), cheeseburgers for lunch and spatchcock chicken with stuffed bacon wrapped baked potatoes and cornbread muffins for dinner.
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Generally I agree, although a huge part of that is because Father's Day is always a Sunday. When the b-day is on a weekend, they're pretty similar, I get to decide on the agenda/menu/avoid the honey-do list.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    Options
    Bithday is just one step closer to the eternal dirt nap, I'll take fathers day over b-day in a second!
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    It's my 1st Fathers Day, and while I'm home alone today with two 9mos old twin boys, while my wife works, I can honestly say, it's much better than birthdays.

Got ribs smoking away on the grill, sitting out on the back porch with them, watching some US Open and enjoying some prime beers I've been saving, can't say it gets much better.
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I am in the same boat, I enjoy my bday to BBQ in great weather. I think my 3 children helping me celebrate today outweighs most days. I like Christmas most, to see them happy.

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    FATC1TY said:

It's my 1st Fathers Day, and while I'm home alone today with two 9mos old twin boys, while my wife works, I can honestly say, it's much better than birthdays.

Got ribs smoking away on the grill, sitting out on the back porch with them, watching some US Open and enjoying some prime beers I've been saving, can't say it gets much better.

What is on tap? I'm probably about to crack a lil sumpin sumpin soon.