Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all had a big green St. Patrick’s Day! While you’re waiting for it to be Easter time, try some of the new recipes we’ve recently added to our website. One of our favorite dishes is the Easy Jambalaya with Beef, and our favorite sweet & savory treat is the Sweet Cream Crostini.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BEAR CLAWS!

I can't wait to try these bad boys out, but won't be this weekend. Steak tonight and spare ribs tomorrow for dad's day. Who has these. I have some new gloves coming too to handle meat while I cut it.
XL, WSM 
Kansas City, Mo.
·

Comments

• Jupiter JimJupiter Jim Posts: 1,620
    I have some and love them, makes quick work of pulling butts! Enjoy. JJ
    I'm only hungry when I'm awake!
    ·
  • mshumpmshump Posts: 170
    I have a set. Makes pulling pork about a 30 second job !! 
    You will enjoy !!!
    Danville, Il
    ·
  • anzyegganzyegg Posts: 1,090
    They look like they'll do the trick nicely... enjoy Father's Day...
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    I'd better not. I have what doctors call a little bit of a weight problem. I used to grab bear claws as a kid, two at a time, and I'd get them lodged right in this region here.

Sorry I had to post that when I saw bear claws, plus I've been I. A car for 8 hours so far and am going a little insane.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,649
    edited June 2014
    Here's a hint that at least works for me - if  you hold them with 1 or 2 fingers outside you have better ripping strength. Also if you have rug rats then treat those claws like knifes - as they are very sharp and dangerous in the wrong hands!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • mcmacmcmac Posts: 481
    These guys make short work of a nice "butt". 
    They are also great for just grabbing a piece of meat (or turkey) and removing it from the grill.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
    ·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 892
    Can you have those in your carry on bags when flying? 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • ads75ads75 Posts: 226
    thetrim said:
    Can you have those in your carry on bags when flying? 
    I doubt it.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
    ·
  • Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,609
    edited June 2014
    You'll need to keep a fork or tongs handy to pick out the blazing hot lumps of fat inside the butt. And yes, they are SHARP!
    Judy in San Diego
    ·
  • Ladeback69Ladeback69 Posts: 1,754
    RRP said:

Here's a hint that at least works for me - if  you hold them with 1 or 2 fingers outside you have better ripping strength. Also if you have rug rats then treat those claws like knifes - as they are very sharp and dangerous in the wrong hands!

I have a 5 year old and that is how I was going to handle it. He is not to touch them just like our other knives.
    XL, WSM 
    Kansas City, Mo.
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    They also make great 'lifters' for big pieces of meat, when taking food off the Egg.
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 7,764
    Tjcoley said:
    They also make great 'lifters' for big pieces of meat, when taking food off the Egg.
    That's the only thing I like them for. 

For pulling pork, I much prefer a couple of carving forks, followed by a cleaver. 
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,710
    TUTTLE871 said:
    I'd better not. I have what doctors call a little bit of a weight problem. I used to grab bear claws as a kid, two at a time, and I'd get them lodged right in this region here. 
    Nice post. Greatest comedian of our time. RIP.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • badinfluencebadinfluence Posts: 1,148

Tjcoley said:

That's the only thing I like them for. 

For pulling pork, I much prefer a couple of carving forks, followed by a cleaver. 

Wouldn't that be chopped pork and not pulled pork?
    1 XXL BGE, 1 XL BGE, 3 LG BGE, 3 MED. BGE, 1 SM. BGE, 2 MINI MAX BGE, 2 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
    ·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 7,764
    Wouldn't that be chopped pork and not pulled pork?
    Yessir!!!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • buzd504buzd504 Posts: 1,059
    Used them to pull a chuck roast last night.  Worked great!
    NOLA
    ·