Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BEAR CLAWS!

I can't wait to try these bad boys out, but won't be this weekend. Steak tonight and spare ribs tomorrow for dad's day. Who has these. I have some new gloves coming too to handle meat while I cut it.
XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.

Comments

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    I have some and love them, makes quick work of pulling butts! Enjoy. JJ

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• mshump
    mshump Posts: 212
    I have a set. Makes pulling pork about a 30 second job !! 
    You will enjoy !!!
    Danville, Il
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    They look like they'll do the trick nicely... enjoy Father's Day...
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    I'd better not. I have what doctors call a little bit of a weight problem. I used to grab bear claws as a kid, two at a time, and I'd get them lodged right in this region here.

Sorry I had to post that when I saw bear claws, plus I've been I. A car for 8 hours so far and am going a little insane.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    edited June 2014
    Here's a hint that at least works for me - if  you hold them with 1 or 2 fingers outside you have better ripping strength. Also if you have rug rats then treat those claws like knifes - as they are very sharp and dangerous in the wrong hands!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    These guys make short work of a nice "butt". 
    They are also great for just grabbing a piece of meat (or turkey) and removing it from the grill.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Can you have those in your carry on bags when flying? 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    thetrim said:
    Can you have those in your carry on bags when flying? 
    I doubt it.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    edited June 2014
    You'll need to keep a fork or tongs handy to pick out the blazing hot lumps of fat inside the butt. And yes, they are SHARP!
    Judy in San Diego
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    RRP said:

Here's a hint that at least works for me - if  you hold them with 1 or 2 fingers outside you have better ripping strength. Also if you have rug rats then treat those claws like knifes - as they are very sharp and dangerous in the wrong hands!

I have a 5 year old and that is how I was going to handle it. He is not to touch them just like our other knives.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    They also make great 'lifters' for big pieces of meat, when taking food off the Egg.
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Tjcoley said:
    They also make great 'lifters' for big pieces of meat, when taking food off the Egg.
    That's the only thing I like them for. 

For pulling pork, I much prefer a couple of carving forks, followed by a cleaver. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    TUTTLE871 said:
    I'd better not. I have what doctors call a little bit of a weight problem. I used to grab bear claws as a kid, two at a time, and I'd get them lodged right in this region here. 
    Nice post. Greatest comedian of our time. RIP.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774

Tjcoley said:

That's the only thing I like them for. 

For pulling pork, I much prefer a couple of carving forks, followed by a cleaver. 

Wouldn't that be chopped pork and not pulled pork?
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Wouldn't that be chopped pork and not pulled pork?
    Yessir!!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Used them to pull a chuck roast last night.  Worked great!
    NOLA