Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

T minus 7 hrs till

NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 7,484
Finished getting our fishing gear ready. Tide table researched and ready for great Father Son time. And maybe even some fish ;-). I'm totally stoked to go spend some time with my Son! More pics to follow.
LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
Die Hard HUSKER and BRONCO FAN
Middleburg, FL
·

Comments

• JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 1,926
    That's super cool. Best way to spend Father's Day weekend. Where y'all going??
    Aiken, SC
    ·
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 7,484
    Pier cart loaded up. imageimage
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • SGHSGH Posts: 11,333
    @NPHuskerFL
    I hope y'all catch a boat load. Enjoy your family time my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    ·
    @Jeremiah‌ going to our old finishing stomping grounds. Vilano Beach Pier (St. Augustine, FL). We've been fishing here since he was born.
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 2,399
    Have a good time. And well done no raisin a good kid. A mini would be a nice pairing for the fish you catch
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos
    ·
    @SGH‌ thanks I definitely will.
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
    Nice. Take some pictures!! I'll be working. :-q
    Aiken, SC
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 5,219
    Looks like you'll have a great time. I never was much for fishing, but hanging with my kids, doesn't really matter what the activity is.

My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA
    XL BGE - S BGE - Blackstone Pizza Oven - 30" Steel Fire Pit w/Cooking Grid - Hasty Bake Legacy - KJ Jr - Gasser
    ·
    This is from a few years ago at our spot after they revamped it with the seating etc. image
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,415
    Looks like fun!  Tear 'em up.  Like your pier cart.

·
    edited June 2014
    @nolaegghead‌ Thanks Nola! Pier cart was purchased and made locally at Jax Beach all aluminum construction except for part of the front caster and brake. It's very lite and beyond handy on a pier that's around 250 ft long + the parking lot walk to the pier (4 sho makes it nice).
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,014
    Have a great time! Hope you get lots of keepers!
    ·
    @Jeremiah‌ make dat $$ buddy. Don't feel bad man I'm on call every other week for a week at a time. But, love what I do so it's Aokay. And yes will take more pics. Hopefully some selfies with fish :-)
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • HDumptyEsqHDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Keep your lines tight. 
    I used to agree with Dr. Samuel Johnson who said, "In fishing, you have a rod and a line with a hook at one end and a fool at the other!"
    That was until I went sport fishing with my (now-deceased) FIL. I fell in love with it from day one. Health issues and surgeries now preclude me from yanking on a line but I love to be there anyway.
    He fished out of Jupiter. I Miss my father-in-law but my son still goes out and if he ain't playing golf, he's fishing. Great memories - enjoy. 
    Those rods would look good in some rocket launchers on the front of the truck.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

·
    Surf or back bay?

·
    @hapster‌ Thanks man! Ready for some Salt therapy. And keepers would be a bonus. :-D
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 946
    Good luck buddy! Hope you catch a cart full of fish and make a bunch of great memories!
    Bristow Virginia XLBGE One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
    ·
    Lol. Thanks but tomorrow is a freebie. "Shadowing" the position I want in hopes of well.. never mind. I just can't make it sound good. :-?? :-q
    Aiken, SC
    ·
    @nolaegghead‌ Vilano Pier St Augustine FL
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,095
    Enjoy your time , looks like a blast. Hope you need to.put a vacuum sealer to work when done.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
    nice

·
    @HDumptyEsq‌ here's a my old Jeep setup oh so many years ago. Had that Jeep 15 years. Good times. imageimageimageimage
    Middleburg, FL
    ·

nice

Yep that's the spot. Great fishing! St. Augustine FL "A lil drinking town with a small fishing problem". :-)
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
    Jeremiah said:

Lol. Thanks but tomorrow is a freebie. "Shadowing" the position I want in hopes of well.. never mind. I just can't make it sound good. :-?? :-q

Nope. That sucks balls any way ya hash it up. Try to make the most of though. ;-)
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
    @GeorgeS‌ & @SkinnyV‌ thanks!
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,740
    edited June 2014
    Have fun.. I'll be chilling. Took tomorrow off,so I have a 4 day weekend.
    ·
  • stemc33stemc33 Posts: 2,009
    Best of luck. Just remember, a bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work. Enjoy!!!
    Steven
    LBGE, iGrill 2, and Plate Setter
    Banner, Wyoming
    ·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 2,750
    Have fun and catch a lot of fish!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    @NPHuskerFL‌ We will be in your backyard in about a month. My wife's family goes to New Smyrna every year and we are stopping in Ponte Vedra for one night on the way down. Staying at the Sawgrass Marriott. Let know if that is a good spot.
    Mini Max, Medium BGE, Large BGE, Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman, Digi Q II, Woo 2, AR with Oval setup
    ·
    @nealcr1‌ ooh ahh The Sawgrass Marriott. Never stayed there but, I've been there for events and it seemed like a luxury hotel. It's Sawgrass man nuff said. :-)
    Middleburg, FL
    ·