Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tell me what you guys think!

Options
Kosko
Kosko Posts: 535
Was cooking some filets the other night, had the egg pumping 750 degrees and heard a loud pop. Saw the crack and then when it cooled down it almost disappeared. Started it back up tonight and this is what I saw! Absolutely heartbroken! I am the original owner and have contacted BGE about it. Should I be too worried?
Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @‌Kosko
    I have heard the same loud pop on more than one occasion. I know mine has to be cracked but I haven't been able to find it yet. Good luck with the warranty.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I wouldn't be worried unless you can't find proof of purchase and have a defunct dealer. 

That is defective, no question they should replace. 
    Options
    Yep, it's broke. Shouldn't be a problem getting it replaced though.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Options
    I sent BGE an e mail about an hour ago. I am not worried because I know BGE is superior for cust. Service! Just panicked a little bit!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE