Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Egg is on Crack

Options
2»

Comments

• ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    @DMW there is also a Shake Shack in King of Prussia near the mall
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @ads75 I know, realized that when I checked out their website before going. But since we were at the Madison Square Park anyway, I figured why not? And now, there's one closer I can try as well.
    :))

Now if a decent restaurant would open in Morgantown...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    The MSP one uses Pat LaFrieda beef. Only NY locations do that.
  • DMW
    Options
    Update, called the dealer Tuesday. They had me email pics to their distributor (remember, no email at the dealer, they're Amish), just got a call that my new base is in and ready to pickup. They asked if I wanted them to deliver and set it up. Since I am a bit far from their shop, they said there would be a small mileage charge, but setup and assembly would be free. They are getting back to me with what that fee will be. I have a feeling I'll take them up on the offer.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    It will take 3 days for them to get to you by horse and buggy :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• DMW
    Options
    It will take 3 days for them to get to you by horse and buggy :)
    :))

Just heard back, $40 to deliver and set everything up. Yeah, they can come do that for $40. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Would have done the same thing

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Well worth it.  Anything else breaks, it's on them.
    Options
    An Amish Egg dealer. I never would have believed it if you hadn't of told me. I just don't picture the Amish selling eggs. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • DMW
    Options
    An Amish Egg dealer. I never would have believed it if you hadn't of told me. I just don't picture the Amish selling eggs. 
    Not only are they a BGE dealer, they are a manufacturer of their own cookers and smokers.

They have a dealer network of their own all over the country as well as in Europe.

They make some really nice stuff. I'll be cooking a whole pig this July 4th on one of their PR-60's.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    My buddy has a PR72GT.  He does 80-140 lb whole pigs.  Very nice grills.
    Options
    Whoa. Hold on. They are Amish but build smokers? From steel? With a welder???? That runs off of electricity???????? :-?
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DMW
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Whoa. Hold on. They are Amish but build smokers? From steel? With a welder???? That runs off of electricity???????? :-?
    Yeah, they have different rules for business vs home stuff. I don't understand it completely. The welding shop doesn't have electric lighting, it's all gas. But I'm pretty sure they use electric welders. Like I said, I don't get it.

Also, they have a website. But if you look carefully, the e-commerce stuff isn't handled directly by Meadowcreek, it's Alpha E-sales. I'm pretty sure that's a shell company simply to keep the church away from the Internet.

Their retail store is all electric. But no computers, just a cash register and a credit card machine.

Super nice guys though, and very knowledgeable. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I figured as much. We lived there in Lititiz, pa for about 5 years. Got to know a lot about the Amish. Great people but the hypocrisy of their beliefs is amusing to me.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Came for the crack..... Stayed for the grub! =D>
    Seattle, WA
  • DMW
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    I figured as much. We lived there in Lititiz, pa for about 5 years. Got to know a lot about the Amish. Great people but the hypocrisy of their beliefs is amusing to me.
    Cool, I went to high school in Lititz and we lived in Lititz for a few years before moving out to Morgantown. Lititz is a great little town and heaps has developed downtown just in the past 5 years. Little shops, restaurants, bars, and micro-breweries. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Jeremiah
    Options
    Small world. I lived there all through elementary school, we moved south the year I was to go to middle. We visited a few years back did the chocolate factory tour and had lunch. Really a neat town.
  • ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    Glad the crack is getting taken care of. 
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • DMW
    edited June 2014
    Options
    They just came and replaced the base. Since the replacement was pre-approved with photos, they are letting me keep the old base. I'm thinking I'll use it for a planter for an herb garden.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    DMW said:

They just came and replaced the base. Since the replacement was pre-approved with photos, they are letting me keep the old base. I'm thinking I'll use it for a planter for an herb garden.

Yes. "Herbs" ;)
    I'm thinking of using my unused nest for a large planter with maybe a Key Lime tree and just keeping it small and under control.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • damnedhooligan
    Options
    DMW said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Yeah, they have different rules for business vs home stuff. I don't understand it completely. The welding shop doesn't have electric lighting, it's all gas. But I'm pretty sure they use electric welders. Like I said, I don't get it.

Also, they have a website. But if you look carefully, the e-commerce stuff isn't handled directly by Meadowcreek, it's Alpha E-sales. I'm pretty sure that's a shell company simply to keep the church away from the Internet.

Their retail store is all electric. But no computers, just a cash register and a credit card machine.

Super nice guys though, and very knowledgeable. 

Jeremiah said:
    There were some Amish craftsmen featured in an episode of Tree house Masters and their loop hole to using non human powered equipment was as long as they don't own it they can use it ;))

XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    My xl had the exact same crack. I cooked on it for 3 months.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    @damnedhooligan‌ I saw that episode too. I think it was the one in ohio with the beer? Yeah. I laughed then too. :)