Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peanut shrimp

Options
Tbonez3858
Tbonez3858 Posts: 102
edited June 2014 in EggHead Forum
I was searching for a recipe for some jumbo shrimp. I found this recipe and it's unbelievable and it only takes 10 minutes to cook... Heat cast iron skillet on BGE at 350 Put in: 1/4 cup peanut butter 1/4 soy sauce Until it softens Add: 1/4 white sugar 2 tablespoon of coconut or cooking oil 1 Tbsp of water. Let cook a 2 minutes and put shrimp in...Cover shrimp in sauce.. Close lid and cook three minutes.. Turn shrimp.. Close lid and cook four minutes.. Put over noodles or rice It's as good as any Pad Thai shrimp you will ever eat...Pure win regardless of how little effort, money or time it costs.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Tbonez3858‌
    Brother I have never heard of such. That said I do love peanut butter and I certainly love shrimp so it's bound to be good together. Kind of like fish and grits. You got me curious now. I got to try it. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I will let you know how it turns out my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• 55drum
    55drum Posts: 162
    Options
    Tbonz...thanks for the recipe...tried it last night and it was great!!!  Next time for my personal adjustments...I'll cut the sugar in half and add 3 Tbs of some hot stuff....thanks again.

• jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    Add some lime juice, too.
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia