Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pricing for BGE

I currently have a Weber s-650 that I love and I'm looking to expand my horizons and get a BGE. There is a local dealer close to me. I'm curious as to the pricing of the eggs. i.e. is like buying a mac computer or ipad (i.e. prices are pretty fixed without any real variability or wiggle room) or do places vary widely in the prices? Is there money to be saved in bundling the BGE with the nest and other tools?

I found this site that lists the average prices:

Comments

• jllbms
    jllbms Posts: 381
    Yes, you can get discounts when bundling. I got, I think, $100 off on a LBGE, table, and plate setter. It varies with the dealer.
    Kemah, TX
  • UNCMo96
    UNCMo96 Posts: 3
    Are the prices pretty consistent across dealers? The website I referenced lists a large egg at $829. Is this what it typically goes for give or take?
  • jllbms
    jllbms Posts: 381
    Sounds right.
    Kemah, TX
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    I walked in and got egg, nest, and bag of charcoal 10% off with out a haggle
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Where are you located? Prices vary greatly depending. Also most dealers either jack up the base price and discount extras greatly to off set or just give the lowest price possible then won't discount even the first bag of lump. I'd just call around.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Yep, they are varied. Pick a good dealer...
  • Swamppro
    Swamppro Posts: 31
    There are a couple around me but I wanted to make sure it was a dealer that new what it was and used one. The dealer i purchased from has great customer service for everything they carry and the guy I dealt with personally uses one. We talked for awhile and I was comfortable. Worked out a great deal with me as well.
    XL BGE Metairie, La
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Welcome to the potential adventure/journey-I would see if there is an eggfest near you as you can score a "once cooked on BGE" ( demo car...) and get the warranty and a healthy discount.  FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    +1 on Eggfest. And bundling will typically result in the best buy so to speak.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • UNCMo96
    UNCMo96 Posts: 3
    I'm in Long Island NY. There are 3 dealers around me. I guess I'll shop them all and see.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    I would rather establish a relationship with a dealer than I liked rather get the absolute lowest possible price (unless you can do both!!).  Having a good dealer is a nice benefit, because they will take care of you down the road.
    NOLA
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    buzd504 said:
    I would rather establish a relationship with a dealer than I liked rather get the absolute lowest possible price (unless you can do both!!).  Having a good dealer is a nice benefit, because they will take care of you down the road.

I agree. I checked a bunch of dealer's before I got my egg and ended up buying from a dealer that is less then 5 miles from my house. They are very nice, have cooking classes and will answer questions over the phone. They sell a lot of different smokers besides the egg, so they know what's out there. I paid $1565 for egg, nest, side tables, plate setter, ash tool, grate grabber, starter sticks and a bag of BGE 20# lump. Other places were over $1800 or more. My dealer is kind of like your extended family. The same binder for the large is around $1100. The nest alone is around $200. If you are going to build a table right away don't get the nest or side tables. I didn't have the money for a table yet, so got them.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    edited June 2014

I found the prices did vary quite a bit between dealers, but I have quite a few dealers within 40-50 miles or so of me too.  I also saved quite a bit by "unbundling," so to speak, and not getting the nest (built my own table), electric starter, ash tool, etc., none of which I needed or would use.  There was at least one or maybe two that would only sell me the "package" and not the Egg alone.  They got ruled out immediately.

I'd just get on the horn and call around to the various dealers in your area and find out what their prices are. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• chashans
    chashans Posts: 418
    I got lucky. Mine ran an ad in the local newspaper declaring a discount on a bundle. That saved me a lot of time and haggling with other dealers. I later overheard him say that the "mothership" had warned him against future ads expressing discounts. He has been good to me...and quickly replaced a platesetter for my large and a fire box for my mini. 
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.