Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

What to cook, what to cook... (Father's Day...please advise!)

Here's the challenge:

I'm hosting 22 people on Father's Day.  This includes 14 decent eaters, two kids under 6, and six people who won't eat as much as the rest. Four of them are "sometimes" vegetarians who won't eat beef, but can usually be found sneaking a bite or two.

Normally, I make pulled pork; it's good, and people adore me.  The usual. But this year, I'd like to add something else.  I have a Large, and will be getting a Small TOMORROW (!!!EXCITEMENT!!!)  What should I do?  I'll probably still make some pulled pork, somewhere in the 12-14 lb range (two separate butts, because I love it so...) but I'm looking for something to add and could use the insight of my Egghead community.

Thoughts:
Ribs? (Could do them on the Small while the Large is porking)
Spatchcock a couple chickens while I FTC the pork?
Fish?
Chicken kebobs?  Tuna kebobs?
Something vegetarian?

This site always has great ideas-- thank you in advance for helping me make up my mind!
--------------------------------------
30 miles west of Chicago, buried deep in the suburbs.

LBGE (May 2011), SBGE (June 2014) and a growing pile of accessories.

Comments