Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Royal Oak!

Options
13»

Comments

• xiphoid007
    xiphoid007 Posts: 536
    Options
    OO is $10 a bag and free shipping from firecraft when u spend $100. Based on what I've read hear, that is hard to beat. OO is probably gonna be my new standard unless someone around here gets rockwood.
    Pittsburgh, PA - 1 LBGE
  • KenfromMI
    KenfromMI Posts: 742
    Options
    Thanks, I saw 40lb bags online for about $42 as well.  
    Dearborn MI
  • Hinpeck
    Hinpeck Posts: 8
    Options
    I bought a bag of Stubbs lump and am going back to Royal Oak. Hard to reach and hold temps above around 400 with the Stubbs.
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options

I'm liking Fogo, with free shipping thru Amazon Prime.  SoCal is a wasteland for higher quality lump.  Fogo is currently at $45 for 35 Lbs, but the price fluctuates dramatically.  My last purchase was at $28 and change.  I have enough now that I can wait for the price to come down again.  It's been at $45 for over a month.  Even at $45 is isn't a bad deal.

Santa Paula, CA
  • Charlesmaneri
    Charlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    Options
    I love Royal Oak it has always worked for me wether I'm doing low &slow cooking or turbo cooks it has always preformed for me however I have only used BGE lump and Royal Oak so I'm no exbert 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    Options
    Royal Oak is available. And consistent. And Walmart sale had it cheap this spring.
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• KenfromMI
    Options
    I saw Royal Oak at Home Depot for like $9 a bag a while back. I'm wondering if it still isn't a good bargain even if it seems to take longer to burn off the VOC's than other brands.
    Dearborn MI
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    @KenfromMI - Longer burn-off VOC = More beer for me!  I'll take it right now!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• KenfromMI
    Options
    I am still using up my free BGE charcoal that was given to me when I purchased the egg. I understand it's made by Royal Oak so I guess Ive never really used Royal Oak if there is a difference. I do notice my High Que grate helps burn off the VOC's faster as well.
    Dearborn MI