Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Houston may not be so bad after all...

Options
2»

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    henapple said:
    Houston is an armpit....
    I think you're smelling Baytown.
    NO, I am sure that's Texas City.......
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    henapple said:
    Houston is an armpit....
    If Houston is an armpit, then Flint must be.........another orifice.
    Flint, Michigan
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Mickey said:
    henapple said:
    Houston is an armpit....
    I think you're smelling Baytown.
    NO, I am sure that's Texas City.......
    That's the other arm pit.  Mickey, I've driven through Houston at least 100 times on I-10 and I worked in Webster (every other week for a year at least), and tellin' ya the Baytown pit smells worse.
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I just thought of another reason why I might like Houston.  The humidity may help with my smoke ring.   :P
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I love when the A's play Houston.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options

Welcome to Houston.

We've been here in Spring, a 'burb' of Houston for 26 years.  Nothing wrong with it that a little weather tweaking couldn't fix.  Not so much, "HOT" in the temperature meaning for three months, but "HOT" due to high humidity and very high Dew Point.  It's the Dew Point that kills us.  But that's why they make Air Conditioners and functioning brains.  I know when to come in out of the heat like some people know when to come in from the cold or the snow or the rain or the storm.  I'm 'sweltering' in Houston heat in the comfort of a 73° room sipping a rum and coke.  You just have to learn how to live here.

Spring "Not Too Hot, Not To Cold, Just Right (as long as you stay inside" Chicken

Spring Texas USA

• jllbms
    jllbms Posts: 381
    Options
    I live in South MS, but we have a second place in League City. This is a beautiful area, right next to the Bay. People here are very outdoor oriented, but most have swimming pools.
    Kemah, TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options
    henapple said:
    Houston is an armpit....
    I thought that was College Station.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike